What's new

Wanted Judge Dredd

Julian

Site Supporter
I am looking for a Judge Dredd, not fussed about condition as it will be used for re-theming / re-coding.

Please let me know if you have one going or know of one going.

I did, but I need 2, one to play as is 'cos I love the game, and one to pop a P-ROC in and re-code it to a Judge Dredd on SloMo 'MaMa Clan'.

Sure will with free code for those that want it.

I'm planning to do a new translite and decals as well, but one thing at a time...

Julian, how difficult is it to replace the the files on the Pinsound board, I'm after putting the music from Dredd? shes a pass etc on to it.
cheers S
stan

Julian, how difficult is it to replace the the files on the Pinsound board, I'm after putting the music from Dredd? shes a pass etc on to it.
cheers S
stan

Stan, it's really easy, basically there is a folder structure where every sound the game sits in its own folder (sounds crazy I know but make life so easy), so a folder look like this;

000231-super_jackpot

In which is 1 audio (.wav) file, which is the original machines file/call-out, you simply delete this (if you no longer want to hear this audio) and put your own in, if you put more than 1 audio file in the folder the machine will alternate the files it plays so you will hear different sound from time to time, great for having different music for the same mode.

Pinsound is great but not perfect yet, as on occasions a repeated sound can play but I understand this is now resolved, I can not confirm this as my machines are folded up while the cabin is being built.
That said I think pinsound is a far better upgrade/mod than colorDMD as you hear the sound throughout game-play you don't watch the DMD throughout the game, don't get me wrong I love ColorDMD mods, but money-wise I'd spend on Pinsound first, it's not for all machines as some don't need the sound 'fixing' but even on those it makes the sound fuller and richer due to new sound hardware and better amps.

Hope this helps, if you get one and need a hand just ask.

Looking forward to getting to grips with mine. Certainly looks a great piece of kit.

Hello Julian,
I've got one as one of my ongoing projects that I may be willing to pass on as its not progressing (Busy with others at the moment) can I ask what kind of money are you looking at spending?
Bit of a brief description of mine bought as a non worker, from a chap that had it in his home for about 10 years, he wasn’t "even by his own admission a pinhead", no battery damage as far as I can make out, (But still in process of getting it going, who knows what will pop up?) remote battery installed, dot matrix board components renewed, Bridge rectifier replaced (I’ve not even turned back on since board work, must stop getting distracted!) but before board work there was a bit of life in her crane arm & death world rotated moved on start up, dot matrix showed signs of life, needs a good clean re rubber etc, etc... I believe it’s all there cabinet is in good condition, with usual knocks etc. but a little faded, I would probably prefer to keep it and get her up and running at some point but just thought I’d see what you think? As it may be a good starting point for you?
You’re welcome to come and have a look and make your own assessment.
Thanks Tony

Hey Tony,

First off thanks for the offer.

You are bit far away for me to pop round and have a look, I did purchase one about 6 months ago from here for £1,000 which was fully working but had the usual cabinet fade, but a great playfield.
By the sound of things your one has a good playfield (having been with 1 person for 10 years), but I will need to money spent on it to get her up and running 100% again, without knowing if you can successfully play a game on it and that all components are working I'd have to say £750 (giving me a few hundred pounds for parts), if you can boot it up and confirm that all is working I'd go higher by say around £100 to £300 depends on how it plays once booted.

Let me know you thoughts to the above.

Cheers

Julian

Julian,

I'll see if i can get round to reconnecting the boards back in, although it may not be this week, that will give us both an idea of what may be required and we'll talk then.

Thanks
Tony

Julian,

I'll see if i can get round to reconnecting the boards back in, although it may not be this week, that will give us both an idea of what may be required and we'll talk then.

Thanks
Tony

Tony,

Great no rush but would be good to know a bit more about the machine from a working point of view.

Cheers

Julian

Hi,
I've got a JD, had it aprox 5 years.
Usual cabinet fade but all working, need to sale before I can get another in.
You'd be more than welcome to have a look.

More than happy to send photos,

Regards

Els

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 28
Hi,

I was looking for £1,200, but I'm open to offers,

Technology and me don't mix, I've been replying through email not realising they aren't getting through!

Regards

El

Hi El,

Is there any mechanical or electrical issues with the game? Or does it play fine?

Cheers

Hi Julian,
No issues, plays fine.
You're more than welcome to come over and have a look,

cheers

El

El,
Thanks, but having thought about it you are a little too far for me to travel to for collection.
I wonder if Martin goes that far?
Where are you in Somerset?

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom