What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judge Dredd weird issues

g60hot

Registered
Hi all, so I have a Judge Dredd machine which I got not so long ago. machine is in really good Nick and plays great...however has a couple of odd issues I can’t understand.

Like I said cab plays really well however I can’t turn the volume down. I’ve put on a new coin door with brand new switches so I know it’s not the switches that are an issue. Now this is where it gets odd, it’s not just the volume but I can’t go backwards on any menu either, only the plus option works. Also if you get a high score the machines automatically just literally enters aaa and done without you being able to do anything!! Other than that it’s perfect.

Anybody shed any light on this?

Cheers all

Hi all, so I have a Judge Dredd machine which I got not so long ago. machine is in really good Nick and plays great...however has a couple of odd issues I can’t understand.

Like I said cab plays really well however I can’t turn the volume down. I’ve put on a new coin door with brand new switches so I know it’s not the switches that are an issue. Now this is where it gets odd, it’s not just the volume but I can’t go backwards on any menu either, only the plus option works. Also if you get a high score the machines automatically just literally enters aaa and done without you being able to do anything!! Other than that it’s perfect.

Anybody shed any light on this?

Cheers all
Check the CPU board for battery leakage / acid damage. Those switches playing up is a common symptom.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I must admit I did have to fix this board when I got it, there looks to have been a leak at some point, but I wouldn’t say it looked bad. The battery compartment was not fixed in and had come loose so had to re solder it in.

Hmmm, common practice is to take it off, fit nvram or use lithium AAs...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I must admit I did have to fix this board when I got it, there looks to have been a leak at some point, but I wouldn’t say it looked bad. The battery compartment was not fixed in and had come loose so had to re solder it in.
I would remove board, get an old toothbrush and vinegar to scrub any areas where acid is/was. Then, rinse and thoroughly dry. Then put lithiums in.

Back
Top Bottom