What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judge Dredd launcher Issue

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
Hello all, I'm fairly new to owning fullsize tables so I'm looking for some advice on something either I have done or an issue with my table!

I decided to bite the bullet a little while back and get hold of a table for myself, I'm a huge Judge Dredd fan so it seemed only natural to go with a 1993 Bally Judge Dredd table. I took delivery of it today and it worked fantastically for the first 10 games or so but has developed an issue.

I'm sure a few of you are familiar with the table itself, but its an issue with the plunger. What has happened is its no longer launching balls, occasionally it will launch one after a ball search but this doesnt seem to be a sure thing. Hitting the launch button will make the 'Vroom' sound on the table as if the ball has been launched but nothing happens. Hitting the button does nothing - like I said this is my first table so I'm a little unsure if this is a technical fault (h0wever it occasionally launching a ball after a search seems to negate this) or a setting I have changed. I have done a factory reset but this doesnt seem to do anything, fiddling with the settings it seems to work for 1 launch or a game but then goes back to now working. It just seems a little tempremental.

Anyway really appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks a lot.

*EDIT* After running a switch edges test I have found out that it is picking up that it is the last button pressed as the display reads "R, fire button - T1 last SW 12" but the left mode select button is not being picked up. Any insights?

right then, with the game switched off. translight out. back box door open. look at the pcbs, the tall thin one on the left, that's the CPU . big square chip in the middle (ASIC chip) of the board, press on the corners of the chip with your thumbs , diagonally. move a round the said chip. repeating.

it's amazing how many problems this sorts out.
smile-1.png

stan

Hi Stan,

After having a closer inspection I found out that it was actually a loose wire connecting to the firing mechanism, I soldered it back in place and it works perfectly now.

As a wierd side effect though, it seems to be placing 2 balls at once in the lane! Hmm...might have to look at my soldering again.

Thanks anyway, much appreciated!

take out all the balls and check that you only have six installed. some hide under the playfield, so run through the solenoid test to eject them all.

I have JD too
smile-1.png
and encountered a similar problem last year. After Pinmania's advice, I'd suggest you check the trough optos. A dodgy one was causing mine to fire three balls up into the lane on super game.

Back
Top Bottom