What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JP2 the pin

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Maybe they don’t work out over here due to the pricing here, but stern seem to sell quite a few over in the states, obviously more than enough to keep pushing the new iterations of “The Pin”.

My budget is 4K max, probably around 3.5k ideally. So buying something older is to me risky, as I’ve never owned a real pin, and got zero knowledge how these things work, so fixing and maintaining is an issue. Hence why the appeal of brand new is strong.
But since joining here, I’ve seen some very nice machines sell for my budget, which gives me hope of buying something relatively trouble free.
Being naive is a worry, as not really sure what I’m looking for, and don’t want to get scammed, that’s why brand new for 4K, would have been ideal

My budget is 4K max, probably around 3.5k ideally. So buying something older is to me risky, as I’ve never owned a real pin, and got zero knowledge how these things work, so fixing and maintaining is an issue. Hence why the appeal of brand new is strong.
But since joining here, I’ve seen some very nice machines sell for my budget, which gives me hope of buying something relatively trouble free.
Being naive is a worry, as not really sure what I’m looking for, and don’t want to get scammed, that’s why brand new for 4K, would have been ideal
You need to move to the US, this is ripoff Britain unfortunately.

There’s quite a few Sterns you can get used for around that price point. From experience I’d say most Sterns made after 2000 are as reliable as new ones.

There’s quite a few Sterns you can get used for around that price point. From experience I’d say most Sterns made after 2000 are as reliable as new ones.
Also- I get why some people might have bought the SW home pin as the Pro wasn’t well received initially; whereas JP Pro is probably Elwins top game. Not sure how many enthusiasts stateside will buy this, even if it looks good on the stream tonight

How much smaller is the cab? Would it look odd in a stern lineup? Can tou mod the speaker panel to put in a larger display? Seriously looking at this.

And you get the LE art package!

Attachments

• B5347C88-FCEF-42A5-934A-4172E76A6A65.jpeg
    B5347C88-FCEF-42A5-934A-4172E76A6A65.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 90E3BE5D-89AB-44E8-A6F1-B873C7CFC6F8.jpeg
    90E3BE5D-89AB-44E8-A6F1-B873C7CFC6F8.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 9
How much smaller is the cab? Would it look odd in a stern lineup? Can tou mod the speaker panel to put in a larger display? Seriously looking at this.
All of sterns promo materials have the same dimensions as their commercial games which is not correct as Jack mentions on the stream, the playfield is full size but the cabinet is a little shorter/not as deep so there is a small difference but Jack didn’t mention how much and it appears neither do stern anywhere.

back glass (jacks wording) is the same size as the commercial models and its the LEs back glass art too. It’s only the monitor that is a the main difference, trex sculpt looks better than the pros plus it moves - I reckon we could see a JP PRO+ vault down the road with the moving Trex and upgraded sculpt similar to the AC/DC pro+ release with the added swinging bell.

Last edited:
Having just sold a prem because I don't find it enjoyable to play but loving the theme, a vault wouldn't be of interest. Doesn't appear on ph website but liberty want 6K. Not a chance at that amount.

Back
Top Bottom