What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JM nightmare - mail order perils

Pinball UK

Registered
I think JM is jinxed! Two really bad experiences with mail order! I needed some parts for my JM hand. First I ordered XY nuts from Pinwitch, and waited for them to turn up. And waited, and waited. Nothing arrived and I got no help from Pinwitch, other than to say that it had been sent and they would ask the post office to "investigate". I had to put in a paypal claim and wait 6 weeks to get my money back. A week after the refund was received, I got an email from Pinwitch saying the post office had found the parcel and then an envelope from Pinwitch - the missing parts?? No - a completely empty envelope, well apart from a copy of the invoice!!

Separately to this, I ordered some other parts from Marco in the US, including the X and Y rods, for another JM. I ended up not needing them straight away, so didnt open up the package there and then. Big mistake! I went to open the parcel today and discovered that there was indeed an X rod in the parcel, but instead of the Y rod, there was just an empty bag! Unfortunately as its been a few weeks, its now too late to have any realistic hope of taking this up with the company.

So this is a word of warning with mail order from overseas - make sure you use a payment method that allows you to claim the money back if it doesnt turn up. And if it does - open it and check it straight away!!

I've generally had good experiences ordering from overseas bar ridiculous customs charges and long wait times. I think you must have had all the bad luck in one go! Hopefully you don't have any more. I've ordered stuff from Pinball Life, Mezelmods and Pinball Centre (USA and EU distributors) and never really had much of a problem. Fingers crossed you get your JM parts, it's a good game!

Back
Top Bottom