What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JD

Judge Dredd / JD Sports.

• Total voters

Paul R Owen

Site Supporter
This keeps happening, I see "JD" on a sports programme and think "Judge Dredd". Of course sane folk think "JD Sports". So, who on here is also insane?

One to watch out for soon might be "the man DeLorean, I thought he died a while ago"

It shows my age, but the Prison Officers Association (their union), when referred to by initials, brings back memories of the pinball POA.

Former U.S. president Clinton weathered the White Water scandal, which I've never really known much about. The only problem I have there was that there weren't enough of them made.

AFM; Air Flow Meter, found in or near vehicle air filter housings.

Lockdown Bar; the open-air facilities that've sprung up everywhere (often in back gardens) during the pandemic.

And Paul, it's not you. If they mean JD Sports they should say so. Btw, is it Just Dreadful, in that case?

Last edited:
Another which occurs nowadays is BSD - the fictitious "Bank Security Department" which keeps insisting that my card is compromised, without any de**ils whatsoever (even what bank they claim to be).

They are blood-suckers, of a kind, though.

My complaint about this thread is that it took me 3 attempts to click on it.

Can we please have longer thread titles for those with deteriorating eyesight or digital accuracy issues.

Thank you

Last edited:
I think of PH as for 'Princess Head', the hotel chain heiress and Internet fellatrix. Previously 'The PH' was a boozer by the same name which wasn't too concerned about customers' ages.

Last edited:
The RiverBoat Gambler recently listed for sale reminds me of another instance;

"Starburst" - the alternative name for a popular sweet, and the term for the additional segments in an alpha-numeric display, allowing it to display lettering better than the basic 7-segment variety.

My first thought when I see

DP, isn't usually DeadPool
T2, is a range of screws we use in trauma theatres
BOP, will always be the Belgian Open

"T2 Rated" labels can (or could) be seen on light sockets for ceiling use. It signified the part could withstand the heat rising from an incandescent bulb.

Back
Top Bottom