What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws Original PupPack

Your posts remind me of why I moved my VPX cab on. I loved having it but spent more time upgrading it and getting everything perfect rather than playing it.

If a new table release came out I'd power it on, get everything running perfect, play it once, rinse and repeat.

That was through choice and I could have left that side of it alone and just played what was on there, but the desire to make it as perfect as possible was too strong, meaning I'd rarely power it on to just play something.

Your posts remind me of why I moved my VPX cab on. I loved having it but spent more time upgrading it and getting everything perfect rather than playing it.

If a new table release came out I'd power it on, get everything running perfect, play it once, rinse and repeat.

That was through choice and I could have left that side of it alone and just played what was on there, but the desire to make it as perfect as possible was too strong, meaning I'd rarely power it on to just play something.

Same, keeping everything up to date and exactly as you want it is a whole additional hobby to actually playing the thing.

Same, keeping everything up to date and exactly as you want it is a whole additional hobby to actually playing the thing.
Exactly!

Some of these original tables are great.

Thought I wouldn't bother with the originals and just go with recreations but I'm hooked.

Thought I wouldn't bother with Pinup Poppoer and I'd stick with PinballX but I'm hooked.

Thought I wouldn't bother with PupPacks and just go with backglasses and DMDs but I'm hooked.

I have a goal to load up 150 tables and get them just right and then I am definitely going to stop...up to 136 so far

Last edited:
Im exactly the same, when I got mine I downloaded as many tables as possible, got about 250 on it, they all work fine and that’s how I’m leaving it. I want to play pinball, not faff about getting tables working, hence why I’m not updating or turning the WiFi on, windows 10 loves to mess your tables up.

Yeah win 10 updates tend to screw up the games

As do vpx 10.x updates.

I agree with doggard.

Personally I dont like popper as a selection system. It looks good but a lot of non techies find it too complicated. I still put in pinballx.

I do like running pup packs on certain games.

Not keen on the ‘spike’ games on vpx. Only tend to stick to games that run proper roms.

Saying that Harry potter is good and I used to like champions league. Not installed that for years

There used to be an online database spread sheet on one of the vpx sites that had links to everything. Plus it was updated.

IF I was to ever build these again I would use an embedded os - install say 1200 games. Get them working and lock it. Then this allows you to turn off the machine without shutting down

Yeah win 10 updates tend to screw up the games

As do vpx 10.x updates.

I agree with doggard.

Personally I dont like popper as a selection system. It looks good but a lot of non techies find it too complicated. I still put in pinballx.

I do like running pup packs on certain games.

Not keen on the ‘spike’ games on vpx. Only tend to stick to games that run proper roms.

Saying that Harry potter is good and I used to like champions league. Not installed that for years

There used to be an online database spread sheet on one of the vpx sites that had links to everything. Plus it was updated.

IF I was to ever build these again I would use an embedded os - install say 1200 games. Get them working and lock it. Then this allows you to turn off the machine without shutting down

Im on Windows 11 which doesn’t seem to be causing any issues.

Got a weird one that’s developed since I upgraded VPX to 10.8 though (was getting fed up of number of tables that were coming up with “built in 10.8 some functions might not work” messages so upgraded and damn the consequences). Some tables have a default volume which is too low. When I update the script to increase default volume I start getting script error messages elsewhere in table script and they won’t boot so I end up removing and reinstalling with original table file and living with the low volume. Also don’t like the interactive adjustments mode on the new version - not a intuitive or as flexible as the previous version I feel (unless I’m doing something wrong).

Back
Top Bottom