What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with emails to some providers

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,
There currently seems to be issues with emails being rejected by hotmail/outlook.co.uk/outlook.com/live.co.uk. This has been going on for a few days now.

I have requested our hosts take a look and assist, since it seems initially to be a problem on their part.

Will keep you all updated

Cheers
Paul

Yes I had noticed I had stopped to receive email updates. To be honest all the more reasons to come on the forum direcly to check in person. So not really a pb for me.

Doesn't need much for those to blacklist you. Check the RBL to see if you're there and make sure DNS records are up to date.

The MX does look a little unusual:

Non-authoritative answer:
pinballinfo.com mail exchanger = 0 pinballinfo.com.

Normally that would resolve out to something like mail.pinballinfo.com or smtp.pinballinfo.com but it does exist.

However, when I try to connect to it on port 25 it takes AGES to respond - never under 20 seconds in my tests so my guess is they are timing out and marking it as an invalid host.

Issues with e-mail now seem to be resolved.

Please could I request - rather than marking emails as spam to hope they “go sway”, that people visit their preferences and unsubscribe from those posts they no longer require emails for. All emails received are un-subscribable (if there’s such a word,).

In the near future email notifications may need to be renewed anyhow as part of the new GDPR regulations. More to follow over the next few weeks :)

Cheers
Paul

Back
Top Bottom