What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is TZ the least liked of the BIG titles ??

Paul R Owen' date=' post: 1689492 said:
Pinball Heaven have ROM updates for IJ. Is it worth getting them & are they easy to install for a novice like me? In what way do they change the pin?

List of changes here. Check which ROM yr machine is running. Sometimes to be honest the changes are very minor, often not affecting gameplay or just correcting a spelling mistake or a language issue and so debatable as to whether its worth spending money on.

As Rus said - easy to change as long as you are careful. You can actually prise a chip up and out using a small flat blade screwdriver at one then the other bit by bit but much more sensible to use a chip puller ....which handily enough are cheap as chips
biggrin-1.png

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/roms/indyjones.html

Rus121' date=' post: 1689493 said:
Roms are a piece of **** to install. I use a pair of IC extractors (maplins) to grip the rom (with the game power off) and gently pull them out. The new ones just push right into the socket, although you do have to make sure the legs on the eprom are lined up in the socket before pushing it home.

I'm not sure the new roms have any extra features, but i know you can solve the extra loud sound bug that IJ has with them, so its probably worth it.

I wondered why the sound suddenly went mental - thanks for that info. Nearly jumped out of my skin, it only happened once.

GrizZ' date=' post: 1689495 said:
List of changes here. Check which ROM yr machine is running. Sometimes to be honest the changes are very minor, often not affecting gameplay or just correcting a spelling mistake or a language issue and so debatable as to whether its worth spending money on.

As Rus said - easy to change as long as you are careful. You can actually prise a chip up and out using a small flat blade screwdriver at one then the other bit by bit but much more sensible to use a chip puller ....which handily enough are cheap as chips
biggrin-1.png

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/roms/indyjones.html

I agree - the changes seem quite piddling for a home use machine.

Andy at pinball mania does a service where you give him your old roms and he sends you the new set for a VERY minimal fee. Much cheaper than brand new ones.

Paul R Owen' date=' post: 1689492 said:
Pinball Heaven have ROM updates for IJ. Is it worth getting them & are they easy to install for a novice like me? In what way do they change the pin?

Bet i do them MUCH cheaper
smile-1.png

GrizZ' date=' post: 1689401 said:
3 had owned TZ , 1 of them had owned several over the years (!) And the 4th ......has had loan of mine for a while but decided he just doesn't get on with it.

Poor misguided fools
tongue-1.png

I did own one for a while.... probably would have liked yours a bit better had you fixed the flipper
tongue-1.png

Played a lot on Keith's machine over the past couple of months and it's a real beauty. Lots to shoot for, sodding difficult and you really have to be on song to have a good game.

I think I want one!

Mark

Late to the party, but ive never seen the appeal of TZ. Just don't get it. But I don't get the appeal of TAF either! I like fast and flowing, so generally Steve Richie type stuff. I still can't believe he didn't do Tron. It really feels like a SR game to me.

Guddler' date=' post: 1689586 said:
Late to the party, but ive never seen the appeal of TZ. Just don't get it. But I don't get the appeal of TAF either! I like fast and flowing, so generally Steve Richie type stuff. I still can't believe he didn't do Tron. It really feels like a SR game to me.

Tron has amazing flow... all i can think is that the Borg has learnt loads from working with steve.....

I have it from a very high authority that steve's next game AC/DC is a million times more playable than TF... I was told that even in the white wood stage it played like a dream
smile-1.png

Mean't to say a couple of months back - Managed to see LITZ when Dan played TZ in easy mode with lots of extra balls, which brought back memories (!) - the graphics were so very familiar so I think I must have managed it when they were sited. The machine was put in 4 ball tournament mode before the Feb league meet at SWL. Then something clicked and I managed to get LITZ. Did it again a month or so ago clocking up 2.5B in the process... I just need to repeat that in a UK league meet now!
biggrin-1.png

Back
Top Bottom