What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this normal for DE pins

Colywobbles

Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Ok I got some plastics in to do a protector set and apart from the obvious **** quality of these repos do the originals have these big ovals on the slings for a reason.

D337C7A0-A398-4C0D-AB9C-0B3A86C2365B.jpeg

I’m sure there’s an opportunity for someone to make high quality repos if they had access to a UV printer or some other printer wizardry as these look like paper stuck underneath very poorly laser cut acrylic.

I'm sure you'll hear from someone who's very familiar with DE plastics. But if it's any help, I've got 3 DE pins and two of them have slingshot plastics with oval holes at the ends, but neat ones like the top left and bottom right on your pics. Can't swear they are original plastics but seem decent enough.

At the risk of seeming/being pedantic, the larger holes on these plastics are elliptical; an oval has two straight sides. The yankees often refer to f**d's 'Blue Oval' emblem - you'd think they'd know the difference, given their liking for stock car racing, with its oval tracks. But then "f**ds blue ellipse' sounds like ford is about to expire, which I for one wouldn't mind.

I see what you mean about the quality (or lack of it), though.

Erm oval is roughly egg shaped, not the oval that the yanks refer to but a slightky squished circle not usually with any straight lines. Without sounding Pedantic :)
Also why is the OR in ford starred out ? maybe that's a yank thing ? Fords badge is a decent oval shape actually. the other holes are closer to real ovals

Ford-Logo-PNG-Clipart.png

ok I stand corrected sorry about the confusion so ill call them egg shaped or oval'esk or ish.
but the question remins is it normal as even a pic of them fitted makes them look ****e.

73989F22-B14B-4384-9E24-9345B57357BF.jpeg

They are from Pinball Center and are absolute rubbish, I am having to enlarge holes and cut plastics to fit. If I had another choice for a whole set they would have had them back.
I have pieces that are too small and too big, holes for lamps that don’t line up which is fantastic.
I hope I don’t need to order from them again, ever.
Nice burnt smell as well😂
Must be time for a pint🤯

Front is original, only slightly out🤬

Attachments

• 57BB42E9-4C6C-44AD-A7F8-227346086493.jpeg
    57BB42E9-4C6C-44AD-A7F8-227346086493.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 75F13EDF-D7BB-4322-9205-FF6C010D60E5.jpeg
    75F13EDF-D7BB-4322-9205-FF6C010D60E5.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 22
When i had my Rc, still one of my fav de, sounds are awesome, peteb retrorefurbs used to do real nice high quality sets, not sure if he still does
He doesn’t do all the pieces that I needed plus he is out of stock.
CPR will be doing them soon, people on Pinside since seeing mine have cancelled their order. Can’t say I blame them.
Yeah great sounds on this one😎

I didn’t check these sling shot plastics but today tried them for size, on one the nut goes through and the other near enough!
Lets see what excuse Pinball Center come up with this time, think I paid through PayPal.

Attachments

• 04D8FC53-7788-4A79-9EC2-57DAE45CCEED.jpeg
    04D8FC53-7788-4A79-9EC2-57DAE45CCEED.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 90EBF10D-AC56-42CB-B649-7AD5F2B0086C.jpeg
    90EBF10D-AC56-42CB-B649-7AD5F2B0086C.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 10
  • B9A091CB-66EF-45F5-AA60-1A78A530C990.jpeg
    B9A091CB-66EF-45F5-AA60-1A78A530C990.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 12
Maybe you were meant to also order a bag of oversize washers 😂 Joking aside, I think it's hit and miss with these guys as I've had a fair amount of ok plastics from them. Colours aren't always a perfect match (but sometimes they are the only source) and the protective backing paper usually has scorch marks but this hasn't yet fed through to a burnt plastic as I recall. I've got some that I haven't got around to using so maybe there are some big holes lurking there which I've not yet spotted. If they log into this Forum then it would be interesting to know what quality control they run on the plastics, which I assume they buy in rather than make themselves.

This is the reason I started the thread I knew this couldn’t be right.
IMO a refund should be due but they will probably as you to return them leaving you no further forward.

They just keep getting away with selling poor quality stuff, they must know as it’s been talked about so many times.
Some money back would be good for all the hassle and quality issues these have given me.
I can make it work but for that kind of money😡

As for the burn marks on the paper, it’s shocking the first time you see this. Is Superman cutting the plastics😂

Edit
They have offered a refund, if I hadn’t already taken brackets off my originals etc then I would have but he has also offered new slingshot plastics which I will take, a couple of weeks though. Hopefully he will stress the supplier and get better quality control🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Good result! And maybe they should hire Superman for cutwork as those almost indiscriminate blast holes look like the work of General Zod 😂

Back
Top Bottom