What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a good deal for a funhouse

Personally can't imagine ever paying four figures for a non-DMD game. But who knows in this brave new world of crazy prices. Suspect you'd find it very hard to move on at that rate.....

That is a lot for a FH ...depends as ever extent of 'shopped'. I mean if its a new/looks like new playfield, lovely unfaded cab, etc etc then possibly that is asking price.

If its an average FH ie showing some wear on playfield, some fading to cab, but reg shopped ....rerubbered , clean etc then prob too much imo.

I think FH is one of those iconic pin titles that can go silly on ebaylalaland but I still would have thought you could get an ok worker for sub 1K. But then f*ck knows these days :loco: .Excuse my language.

EDIT .....Judge Dreads listed one on here recently that needed minor work and tlc recently for 850 ...if that helps. And I think Fintan Stack recently sold/traded his nice one ...he might chip in with price.

cab has no fade that i can see but i can see theres a few touch ups, playfeils looks ok aparts from a few of the arrow inserts have ghosting or something. Hang on ill see if i can put the pics on he sent me

I think in this climate, and post it's *ultra* popular appearence on Pinball Arcade, FH is an above 1k machine for the foreseeable future.

If I wanted a good looking Fun House these days, I'd deffo expect to pay over a grand, even in a private sale. But I wouldn't be happy about it ;)

Word, Grizz.
It's the closest i'll get to owning/wanting trophy games, which would be fine if it wasn't broken to hell and so terribly implemented on all formats.
Adding new tables makes old ones unplayable. Really? In 2013?
Get the public to pay for your licences? Whilst Zen get Star Wars out their own wallet?
Don't tell the fans I said that though. They're a damn rabid, defend-till-death bunch. Seriously, they've killed for less :behindsofa:

#cantgetoverit #wherespropinballwhenyouneedit?

re FunHouse. Based on those photos, I think it looks worth good money (again, in this climate) if it is in great condition, I think you'll be pushed to pay less than 1500 for a "classic name" game, DMD or not.

i quite like pinball arcade but very disapointed with the missing machines on the xbox version and the lag on the xbox version is shocking

If It were a 'mint' machine then i suppose thats a decent price. From the looks of it the cab is nice and the playfield 'looks' good too. Is it mint? You will never really be able to tell unless you go see it. One mans mint is anothers utter shyte.

Would i buy it as a newbie? Perhaps, but i would try to haggle a little on the price for sure. If theres no flexibility, decline the sale and look for a dmd game for the same money instead.

Missing some leg bolt, unless the legs were chucked on quickly for photos and you want to check those washers are just protecting the plastics and not as the plastics are broken underneath. Looks pretty good otherwise but for the money it needs to be pretty perfect.

so are we all in agreement its to expensive unless he knocks it down considerably? i dont think he will tho its pinball uk not a private seller

I do not agree either, that looks about the right kind of money as long as the playfield is good

Don't worry about what others think. It's all totally subjective. Everybody will give you a different answer.
Personally, I ****ing love Funhouse. And I would (and have) paid top end money to get a nice one.

if you want it, just buy it. You can play it to death and then trade it or sell it. Have some fun with it. That's what it's all about at the end of the day.

A funhouse just came up on eBay had a fresh playfield last year, some led's, a lot of work done, can see one broken plastic n some damage on one side of back box but otherwise looks very nice. 99 p start. See how that goes.

cheers fella i just worry about overpaying and looking like a mug

I know what you mean but 2 things to take on board

1: nearly everyone has overpaid for a machine at some stage, wether its their first one or whatever

2: If you buy a decent machine at say £1600 and then play it for a year before selling it at £1200 because you overpaid for it, have you really lost £400 or have you had £400 of fun on a machine ? Also would you rather pay £400 more for a machine now or get one at £1200 in a years time and have nothing in the meantime ?

Basically don't get hung up on fearing you will overpay and end up not getting anything. Also you don't need to tell everyone what you paid if you don't want to, the deal is between you and the seller.

I know what you mean but 2 things to take on board

1: nearly everyone has overpaid for a machine at some stage, wether its their first one or whatever

2: If you buy a decent machine at say £1600 and then play it for a year before selling it at £1200 because you overpaid for it, have you really lost £400 or have you had £400 of fun on a machine ? Also would you rather pay £400 more for a machine now or get one at £1200 in a years time and have nothing in the meantime ?

Basically don't get hung up on fearing you will overpay and end up not getting anything. Also you don't need to tell everyone what you paid if you don't want to, the deal is between you and the seller.

100% agree with all of this

I honestly think the best advice i can give you is to actually take the plunge now, you have had loads of advice, there have been some nice deals out there that you could have gone for. Fair enough. But there is a difference between being cautious and being a tire kicker. All of this time you could have been enjoying a new machine and learning loads of new stuff. I hope you manage to actually get a machine soon

A funhouse just came up on eBay had a fresh playfield last year, some led's, a lot of work done, can see one broken plastic n some damage on one side of back box but otherwise looks very nice. 99 p start. See how that goes.

I think I was offered that one the other day he wants 2500 yep you heard right

I think I was offered that one the other day he wants 2500 yep you heard right
It's a hard one! If the eBay one is all it says it is then essentially you're buying a brand new, classic machine for 2500. Almost makes sense if justified that way! On the other hand would you be up for buying a total beater for 1200, doing the cab decals, replacing the plastics and doing a playfield swap. You'd be looking at 1200 in parts right there, plus your time (although for me that is half the fun!)
my opinion is that if condition is that important to you, you can either pay for it, or work your way to it yourself, by repairing and replacing parts as you go.
Example for me was my afm. If I could have found a cheap beater it would have cost a huge amount to source all the parts to make it mint. I bought a mint one. Essentially I paid someone to do all the leg work for me, and if I ever decide to sell it, I may get back most of what I paid. Ill be a happy chap.
So long as you don't go silly then you will be able to sell/trade and recoup your money/have a load more fun with it. Beats saving at the current rate (no, I'm not advocating investment buying).

The eBay one has a tatty cab ud of thought if your gonna pop in a whole new pf and plastics ect you'd do the cab to or at least touch it up

You don't play the cabinet.

its a 23 year old game, if a couple of dings in the backbox annoy you you are looking at the wrong end of the market.
Buy a set of decals and replace them if it bothers you but your looking at another few hundred, double it if you want someone else to do them for you.

For my first pin I wouldn't be looking for anything close to mint. You say you won't have anyone to help you bring it into the house, do you think you will get it in on your own without a few dings or scrapes ?

If a machine comes up at a decent price it will be long gone by the time you decide if its a good deal or not, there are far more experienced buyers out there trawling the net for cheap tables, some are looking them to flip them and some are looking for a decent machine at a decent price to keep, maybe do up and then sell on eventually.

If you want a decent priced machine you need to be willing to drop everything and go get it there and then. If someone sells you a table at say £1000 and they have to put it on a pallet and then wait in for a courier to pick it up etc can you really blame them for selling it for £1100 to someone standing on their doorstep with a wad of cash and an estate car ?? That's mainly for gumtree etc but it happens on eBay also when you offer outside of eBay.

Not having a go, just a reality check. Hope you get something soon

You don't play the cabinet.

its a 23 year old game, if a couple of dings in the backbox annoy you you are looking at the wrong end of the market.
Buy a set of decals and replace them if it bothers you but your looking at another few hundred, double it if you want someone else to do them for you.

For my first pin I wouldn't be looking for anything close to mint. You say you won't have anyone to help you bring it into the house, do you think you will get it in on your own without a few dings or scrapes ?

If a machine comes up at a decent price it will be long gone by the time you decide if its a good deal or not, there are far more experienced buyers out there trawling the net for cheap tables, some are looking them to flip them and some are looking for a decent machine at a decent price to keep, maybe do up and then sell on eventually.

If you want a decent priced machine you need to be willing to drop everything and go get it there and then. If someone sells you a table at say £1000 and they have to put it on a pallet and then wait in for a courier to pick it up etc can you really blame them for selling it for £1100 to someone standing on their doorstep with a wad of cash and an estate car ?? That's mainly for gumtree etc but it happens on eBay also when you offer outside of eBay.

Not having a go, just a reality check. Hope you get something soon

I think you miss understood me what I ment was the one on eBay they went to all the effort of pimping the pf but didn't touch the cab. A dinged cab don't bother me

Back
Top Bottom