What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is LAN Pin Coming?

Sako-TRG

Site Supporter
I seen a video recently with Gary Stern mentioning a WiFi capable pin.
Apart from the obvious with code upgrades vs USB.
Do you think this will open the door for a pinhead multiplayer community?

Its been a want for many for a long, long time. Might be some scope for cheating, but on the whole would be amazing to play across the t'internet with fellow pinheads at any given time.

I wonder if he just meant you could update game code via wifi?

The WiFi is initially for game code update. Which - lets face it is useful.

In the future it could even mean a tech could 'dial in' to your game and diagnose problems.

Not sure why people want to use this for tournaments - let's just say someone is dishonest and removes the glass, put rubber bands down the outlanes or plays the table at a different pitch.

I can see it also being a big plus for operators who will be able to see how many plays a game is having on certain sites.

Could have a phone app (or use that to "sign-in" to something run on the machine) to keep track of personal scores, if you are only comparing scores with yourself there wouldn't be any point making adjustments to the machine to cheat; would then be optional if those scores were then used to compete against anybody else.

Could have a phone app (or use that to "sign-in" to something run on the machine) to keep track of personal scores, if you are only comparing scores with yourself there wouldn't be any point making adjustments to the machine to cheat; would then be optional if those scores were then used to compete against anybody else.
Interesting take on it.
I do feel Stern/JJP will want to keep operators happy first.
In the future it could be big, but pin technology sometimes does seem 20 years behind.
Let's face it - DMDs have only just been phased out.

Back
Top Bottom