What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inverter Air Con and Heat Pump

DRD

Registered
I am wondering about trying a couple of these, wall mounted ones

Big claims are made about the energy efficiency of these things, particularly when used as air source heat pumps.

They are now stated to be more cost effective then radiators fed by mains gas boilers.

As I am in a village where most folks use kerosene, the running cost savings could be quite significant.

Are these things as good as folk claim them to be, or am I missing something please ?

Thanks

My brother put them in his place whilst doing a recent renovation and he's very happy with the system, although can't give relative price savings versus fossil fuel solutions, as he changed it as soon as he moved in as one of the first jobs. He's in a village like you.

I've visited his place and, for me, they are damn ugly massive lumps on the walls in comparison to radiators (can't believe that no one has done a 90's Apple design job on them and produced something that isn't so big and biege yet), but if you can find units you are cosmetically happy with, his feedback has been 100% positive.

Reactions: DRD
Back
Top Bottom