What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intimidation and threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnthehappyguy

Registered
Dear all,

The bad side of pinball.

I sold a star Trek Next Generation Pinball Machine last December to a member of this forum.

I sold it for £1100, the buyer played it several times and saw it being played constantly for two days when I hosted the Scottish Pinball Open.

The deal was £200 deposit with the rest to be paid in a week, he picked it up a couple of days after the Scottish Open.

After a couple of weeks , no further money was forthcoming.

Then apparently the machine was broken, 4 months later another £180 appeared in my paypal account from a third party - the original buyer said it cmae from him – ok – so I now have £380.

I give him several ultimatums to pay the rest – after waiting for 6 months no further payment.

By this time the machine is at a mutual friends house.

The mutual friend has repaired it. I re-imburse the fixer for his expenses, and take the machine away.

It has been bashed around a bit and is filthy compared to when I originally sold it. I spend another 5 hours cleaning it and restoring it, then I re-sell it.

The first buyer is now constantly phoning me , and texting me, saying he wants me to pay him £500.

I am to pay the money into a third party paypal account.

At first he said he was taking me to court for the money, when that threat did not work, he has now come to my house tonight and threatened to “kick my C**t†in, he showed me a map he has drawn so that his associates can come and “f**k me up., and “do damage†to my home and “do damage†to my car.

Sorry to hear that jon. Sounds like you were more than fair giving the guy the pin without full payment!

Name and shame only really works if the guy is known in the uk pin community and other people who know him might tell him to stop being a twat. Do you know the guy or is he just some stranger who bought a pin off you?

Do you have a family as if the guy knows where you live and you think he might actually act on his threats then you may be best off buying your way out. Do you know where he lives?

If you have local friends to back you then my preferred option would be to tell him you'll f*ck him up if he tries anything...can't let people take the **** but it all depends on your personal circumstances.

Pay him the £380 and take the loss of your time and energy and petrol and costs as a lesson.

If he was at the Scottish Open then there will be loads of people who will know who you are talking about, and I doubt that many would trust him after your experience - or even let him in their houses.

A sad tale. As Judge Judy says, no good deed goes unpunished.

Thanks for all the public and private messages of support -

here is an extract from a PM i was sent

........can you please tell me the name of the member who is threatening you etc as i regularly swap my machines and would prefer to avoid people like this for obvious reasons.

whatever happened the threats are not on.

sad-1.png

police would be my advise also as bullies rarely carry out threats once challenged!

...i have a family and would not like to deal with people of this type!

As so many people are concerned and want to avoid transactions I have been persuaded to name and shame -

It was John Bud who came to my home tonight and threatened me.

I have reported John Bud to the police, and the police have been very helpful.

Best regards,

John Fotheringham

Im sorry to hear this,,

I am not taking sides as there are always two points of view in every thing and without hearing Johns side it would be unfair to comment...

Ive found through experience that you can never ever trust anyone, and friends can turn out to be the worst, we had a friend of my sons who had been coming in our house to play xbox etc for ten years plus, then he comes in one day and steals £50 we couldnt prove it so we had to put it down to experience, it did however really dissapoint us as we classed him as a friend.

If selling take a deposit but never ever let it leave your possesion until the amount has been paid in full, If you do because its a friend you only have yourself to blame if it goes wrong..

Obviously you know your mates and know who you can and cant trust but its so hard when someone you do trust lets you down..

I hope you can sort this out amicably but it looks like tis gone past that, maybe try to get a middle man who knows you both as a go between and hopefully sort something out.

Proof is everthing these days. Without it, its your word against his. Film/record all communications with him from this point on.....

I had a few neighbours gang up on me recently over noise related issues. Twenty minutes later i had them playing pinball and drinking lager. Yeah, i could have stabbed them both in the chin with my rambo knife, but i got a much better result by making them see my point of view in a non violent manner.

Stabing them in the chin with a Rambo knife sounds like more fun. (JOKE ):eek:

Glad to see you got your problem sorted and sounds like you gained a friend.

Unfortunately I think you have placed yourself in this situation, you let the guy take the machine away without paying for it, that was the 1st mistake, the rest has evolved from this, I would personally return the guy's £380, have the machine back and consider it a valuable lesson learnt, some lessons in life aren't cheap but I would say that this one has been thus far, I am in a similar position with a tenant (so called friend) who left owing £500+, the bull**** and hassle has caused so much grief, way more than the value of the debt, I feel like doing something silly but it would be wiser to take it on the chin and learn from it.

Grief is a boomerang, it just goes back and forth and then you have to look over your shoulder, best be straight always, often the good guys get the ****ty end of the stick, we all have plenty to learn, good luck with your resolve.
wink-1.png

You pathetic excuse for a man.

You try to rip me off, then after I get fed up trying to talk to you and pay you a visit you start spouting this crap. The machine was a non worker. The reason you didn't get the rest was your fault. I offered you it back a couple of days later. I did not get a few credits the pinball was on the pavement when I arrived to do the deal. When I got in touch with you, you told me you were waking up in cold sweats having nightmares about pinballs and refused to take it back. I tried for months to give you it back, I then took it to get fixed, 3 days later its on eBay. It sold for 1700, did I get a refund ??? Did I feck. You decided I was a fanny and you were keeping my cash. That's why I showed up at your house, you would not talk to me. You also forgot to add, you reckoned I owed you 14 quid. I'm fine with your crap. You really do need to wake up and smell the cheese. I can verify all the details I have submitted, can you ??? It is not I that should be ashamed, it is yourself. You are nothing short of a common thief. I have all the details I need and will be proceeding with court action. As for kicking your can't in, I wouldn't dirty my boots on you. I have kept this saga in the family, you are the 1 who wishes to do the washing in public. I should have taken the table home after it was fixed, I didn't. You could have sorted this out a long time ago. The only person losing money is me.

Yet again you refuse to talk to me about my 480 notes. Why do tossers such as yourself feel the need to start crap on the net ???. Why can't you just pay back what you have taken from me ??? I told you I would be at the last meet, you didn't show up. Would you like to explain what gives you the right to keep my money ??? Will you be at the next meet ??? And will you have my money ??? Would you like to tell these folk how after paying you the cash, you suddenly lose your ability to talk ??? I have witnesses to all this, I have no wish to involve any other people in our little spat. You have done nothing but show your true colours again. As to speaking to your lawyer, you forgot to give me details, you can text them, that is if you can stop playing with your knob. I won't be posting on the yahoo thread. I have better things to do. I shall however keep my eye on it here. So feel free to say whatever you want, I honestly don't give a flying feck.

john bud' date=' post: 1696353 said:
Yet again you refuse to talk to me about my 480 notes. Why do tossers such as yourself feel the need to start crap on the net ???. Why can't you just pay back what you have taken from me ??? I told you I would be at the last meet, you didn't show up. Would you like to explain what gives you the right to keep my money ??? Will you be at the next meet ??? And will you have my money ??? Would you like to tell these folk how after paying you the cash, you suddenly lose your ability to talk ??? I have witnesses to all this, I have no wish to involve any other people in our little spat. You have done nothing but show your true colours again. As to speaking to your lawyer, you forgot to give me details, you can text them, that is if you can stop playing with your knob. I won't be posting on the yahoo thread. I have better things to do. I shall however keep my eye on it here. So feel free to say whatever you want, I honestly don't give a flying feck.

Dear John Bud,

Following another threatening phone call from you today:-

As you say you will be taking me to court, then please post any associated correspondence to my home address.

Thank you.

John Fotheringham

Gents, I appreciate you have an issue between yourselves that needs to be resolved but please continue this off the forum. Thanks.

Paul / Ive - suggest that this thread is closed/locked/deleted...whatever makes sense.

Dear dafty, how was I threatening ??? I have told you I will not go away until my money is back. You can threaten me with the police, I'm fine with that. If you feel hemmed in then pay back my money, simples. You can have a copy of all the texts, and I know they can retrieve voicemails, so its all available. As you have said, you are heading down a dark road. My legal threat to you was dismissed. All I want is my money, pay it back and I will go away. You have my word on that. Why do you persist on this road when it could be sorted in 5 minutes ???.

I'm more than happy for it to run. This **** has blackened my name. I would like everybody to follow this until its end.

Cheers.

John bud.

ronsplooter' date=' post: 1696356 said:
Gents, I appreciate you have an issue between yourselves that needs to be resolved but please continue this off the forum. Thanks.

Paul / Ive - suggest that this thread is closed/locked/deleted...whatever makes sense.

Surely in the interests of fairness both sides of the story should be heard.

I'd like to say i've known John Bud for nearly 2 years and he has more integrity, honesty and goodness in his soul than Mr Fotheringham has had in his entire life.

Mr Fotheringham on the other hand appears to be a price gouging weasel in my eyes who is ripping off a friend of mine, i seen the Pinball in the condition it was delivered and it was less than impressive and fooked.

Thanks for listing, Ian Chapman

Goodness. Well this is all very entertaining in a car-crash kind of way to us outsiders, and yet very sad at the same time.

If someone agrees a sale as seen and without any guarantees or promises or after-sales service, then in my opinion that is as far as it needs to go: you 'buy' it, then you only have rights to it when you paid for it. Once you paid up, all profits and costs are yours. Until then, you don't own anything. Ask any debt collection agency in the world if you get credit for part payment as they, legally, come and repossess your telly as well as reclaiming the item you nearly bought.

Sounds to this observer like the buyer should have paid before taking it away - but that's both parties' fault.

A public trial is a messy one if everyone gives an opinion like me. None of us know the details though.

Sounds like this could be resolved in 30 seconds flat, refund the buyer (cash, paypal or bank transfer), seller has already sold the item for a handsome profit, end of this thread, amen.

Judge Dreads' date=' post: 1696361 said:
Sounds like this could be resolved in 30 seconds flat, refund the buyer (cash, paypal or bank transfer), seller has already sold the item for a handsome profit, end of this thread, amen.

Totally agree
smile-1.png

Amen to that.

So come on john, either stump up, or explain why not. I have given the mob my side of the story. As to buying a machine, sold as seen. It was bought as fully working. I had 1 credit on this machine, that was the Sunday of the event. This machine was not used in the Scottish open. We agreed a deal and I shook hands on a fully working sttng. It seemed to be working fine after it was fixed, we used it for a meet, then whoosh john grabs it on the Monday, its sold by Friday, wtf can I do ???. I'm not trying to bad mouth the guy, and as for making threats, to rape cars, and kick his houses c#@t in is total mince. The fact is, I'm small he's large. I don't take to bullying, by guys bigger than me. I could use that money elsewhere.

As this appears to now be a police matter, I'll leave it to the two guys and the polive to sort out.

Please do not post follow up threads as they will be deleted. I believe in free speech, but the involvement of police means this subject should be left alone

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom