What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insult to injury...

Hal9000

Registered
It's been a tough few months for my illustrious pinball career.

With both London pinball leagues finished Val and I were back to reluctantly feeding coins into the much maligned Las Vegas pins and berating the clueless manager at Stain St Syndicate in Clapham for never fixing their mint stern ST. Then tragedy struck in the form of social mixed touch rugby:

drive_google_com_uc_0c93c4e4aea53abb7c795fcb2fee5996._.jpg

One handed pinball is difficult, though not impossible as my degenerative pinball obsession forced me to find out. The 3 things I learnt: You really have to anticipate things early, you quickly realise how often you could have been dead flipping and one handed multiballs are hilarious.

6 weeks on, with the bones plated back together and my best mate from Aus in town for the week, it was finally time to get back in the game. So last weekend we head on down to Brewdog in Shepherds Bush to sink a few craft beers and have a bash on some well maintained machines. A few dead ponies in came the inevitable sarcastic question from my mate "so have you got your initials in any of these?". "Well" I said, playing it cool "just have a flip through that Walking Dead machine and tell me".

drive_google_com_uc_2c59e784ee474a2da0be04cdda8fe14b._.png

I don't know who it was, but well played you sneaky son of a bitch.

nasty looking X Ray that. I've got my name up on that Walking dead although I can't remember what for??

HAHAHAHA!! That was me, you Bicycle Girl!!

Say hi to Val and happy recovery mate, that does look nasty..!

TUX, I think is up as one of the top scores..

Reactions: DRD
Thanks mate will do!

Off to Australia for a month so hopefully I can find some pins... Maybe a Dennis Lillee Howzat

Ouch! Rugby? That is pushing your luck!
I found being mid 40 and having a BMX will lead to a dislocated shoulder a few years back.

Hope it heals up well! Funny thing to find on a high scores table!
"Dead ponies?" Craft beer names or some slang I'm unfamiliar with?

Best beer in town, you'll have to try it. Reminds me of what Little Creatures used to taste like (aus ref)

Day 4 in county australia, couple of pubs in and still no pins...

Best beer in town, you'll have to try it. Reminds me of what Little Creatures used to taste like (aus ref)

Day 4 in county australia, couple of pubs in and still no pins...

Is that the Little Creatures brewery in Freo? I was there bacjk in 2004, the beer was ok then... My mate still lives in Perth but tells me is feckin expensive there these days, eve more than Southern beer.

Back
Top Bottom