What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Insert ghosting

jonathan

Site Supporter
I've noticed on a lot of the later WPC95 games the inserts get ghosting on them/a milky colour around the edges. What causes this? Is it anything to do with heat from the bulbs? Ie. LEDs would prevent more damage

Its basically clearcoat not adhering to the insert plastic. Can be caused by contaminants on the insert. Apparently quite a lot of late 90s Williams games came out of the factory with some milky insert issues. Heat may possibly make it worse. I know if you see an insert where a flasher has locked on under it and heat damaged it, it also goes milky.

Its basically clearcoat not adhering to the insert plastic. Can be caused by contaminants on the insert. Apparently quite a lot of late 90s Williams games came out of the factory with some milky insert issues. Heat may possibly make it worse. I know if you see an insert where a flasher has locked on under it and heat damaged it, it also goes milky.

Is that replaceable when that happens? Or arent insert replacements available?

Very common on CV for some reason - not sure why. MB seems to be a lot better - just one of those things.

Yeah. I did a bit of research on CV as I'm getting one and nearly every one sold on pinside over the last few years has had insert ghosting!

Will be interested to hear what you think about CV compared to games like TOTAN as both on my wishlist but never been sure enough that I would like them long term. And TOTAN's are especially hard to find for some reason.

Nice one Stan! :biggrin1:

Both are good games, depends which one tickles your fancy more I guess... personally, I'd probably side on TOTAN if I had to choose between them. :peep:

Back
Top Bottom