What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info for Medusa (and maybe Elektra) Owners

DAD

Site Supporter
Alias
David Dutton
I'm currently babysitting a Medusa and happened to comment that it would look good with the original translucent targets that were fitted when these were new - these were brittle and broke easily and have been unavailable for a long time so are nearly always missing.

However, curiosity and the power of the internet led me to a pinside forum thread that had run for over 3 years and finally led to one enthusiast making a run of replacement repro targets. For anyone with a Medusa wanting it to look its stunning best this is your chance :) (take a look at the last photo in the thread)

The thread also suggests that these are relevant to early run Elektras, although there is no mention on IPDB of this variant

The thread is here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-transparent-targets-what-machines-used-them

or you can buy the targets directly here:
http://www.langelius.com/

This is what they look like. I bought some but have sold the three sets I got.

IMG_0914.JPG

@stoptap very kindly let me have one of his spare sets (thanks again) for my Medusa. But As an Electra owner too I'm interested to know where they are supposed to go on that machine?

I look at the original flyers to see how the game was originally designed.

It all gets murky though when trying to keep games original. The manuals often contain discrepencies. Some "prototype" or original features were taken out for cost reasons (falling building in earthshaker, third magnet in twilight zone .......) others were removed as they weren't that great

I look at the original flyers to see how the game was originally designed.

It all gets murky though when trying to keep games original. The manuals often contain discrepencies. Some "prototype" or original features were taken out for cost reasons (falling building in earthshaker, third magnet in twilight zone .......) others were removed as they weren't that great
I've just looked at the flyer for Elektra on IPDB and it looks ambiguous as to translucent targets or not. They certainly could be translucent but they just may be very shiny. The suggestion of Elektra having translucent targets on the Pinside thread seems to come from one poster who reported that he got an early playfield that had them on.
Of course this question is only relevant if someone is aiming for 100% 'original'. There seems to be no reason why they couldn't be regarded like LED bulbs...not original but something some people think look terrific.

Back
Top Bottom