What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indiana jones issue

Rus121

Site Supporter
Recently got an IJ (thx, Jon) and have hammered it a lot lately. Great game. Last night i noticed the trap door that lets balls out on the idol seems to be staying down letting a second ball out when it shouldnt. It only does it now and then and all optos (including the trough opto pcb) are clean and in good working order. (even took off the idol head to clean the optos,...all good too.)

My Q is: Is there a possibility that the plunger has become magnetized and is simply staying down that little bit too long, or is this a software issue, possibly resolved in a later rom revision?

Anyone had this problem before? Any info would be appreciated.

I had this on my 1st IJ. No idea what software it was running sorry, but as you described, everything worked fine in test

Probably mechanical binding. Replace coil sleeve, and remove any burrs from the end of the plunger. Ensure spring is in good condition.

Thats the weird thing here. The plunger unit itself looks in good condition. I will take it apart to make sure. Thanks for the input.

One last thing. Is there a service bulletin around for this machine? Cant find one at the usual places for some reason......

Stripped and refitted the plunger unit with a new sleeve, cleaned all optos (replaced one opto on the ball trough pcb), removed idol head and fitted 3 new idol opto pcbs (had them lying around and didnt fancy stripping the idol head again anytime soon so i thought it best to fit new ones)

I also removed the ball trough itself to smooth out the dings from the balls slamming into it.......

I put it all back together, turn it on, and got a few ground short errors....AAAAAARRRRGHHH!!....Turns out i snagged a lamp wire......damn thing took ages to find!!!

Anyway, all is now good. My IJ has no more multiball/plunger issues, and i can now concentrate on destroying Jons score.......
smile-1.png

Rus121' date=' post: 1663726 said:
Stripped and refitted the plunger unit with a new sleeve, cleaned all optos (replaced one opto on the ball trough pcb), removed idol head and fitted 3 new idol opto pcbs (had them lying around and didnt fancy stripping the idol head again anytime soon so i thought it best to fit new ones)

I also removed the ball trough itself to smooth out the dings from the balls slamming into it.......

I put it all back together, turn it on, and got a few ground short errors....AAAAAARRRRGHHH!!....Turns out i snagged a lamp wire......damn thing took ages to find!!!

Anyway, all is now good. My IJ has no more multiball/plunger issues, and i can now concentrate on destroying Jons score.......
smile-1.png

Good to know you got it all sorted.
smile-1.png

Enjoy.
biggrin-1.png

Rus121' date=' post: 1663726 said:

smile-1.png

If it didn't work after all that then you would be in trouble
wink-1.png

Back
Top Bottom