What's new

Importing Pins

B

brainstorm100

Anybody on here have any experience bringing pins over from Europe, France, Germany etc... Best way to do it.

I would imagine most decent pins in the UK are Hidden away in Polished and locked Rooms or Traded between the chosen few. Unless you want to pay a few grand more from the likes of Home Leisure etc.

Any constructive comments appriciated

I've imported one machine from overseas. I found it via the flippermerkt.de forums and had it shipped from Germany on a pallet. Apart from the slight leap of faith involved in transferring that amount of cash overseas it was a very easy process. It was delivered to me a few days after it shipped wrapped well and strapped tightly to a pallet. Still have the game a few years later and haven't regretted it once.

I wouldn't agree though that 'most decent pins in the UK are Hidden away in Polished and locked Rooms or Traded between the chosen few' - one undeniable fact about the hobby is that most people have limited space and want to own many games. Decent pins are routinely up for sale here on the forums, and even occasionally on eBay. Just have to be patient and keep an eye out.

Thats interesting... Did you organize the shipping and delivery yourself

Any ideas of costs involved to Import

I will just have to be more patient then, its never been my strong point.

@brainstorm100

Alex - you need to pop over to my place soon matey, I've leant that patience is a real virtue in this hobby! Save you cash and be ready when a good one pops up on here - they can be like buses.

It's not a great deal different than in this country other than there can be a language barrier (not too much of an issue thanks to internet translators), there's the channel in the way which adds to cost because you collect using tunnel or Ferry or have someone deliver to you and that there are good and bad sellers out there just like here. Oh and if someone scams you there is even less to fall back on - if it sounds too good to be true it usually is plus if they're not in the same location as the machine alarm bells should be ringing.

Sounds like some good advice there Moonraker.

Might spend a few days in Europe and see whats on offer over there with a view to bringing some pins back over

It's not so hard , like a few have said its more about faith in the seller...my advice wait until there is some big European tournament on and then try and cross the palms of one of the UK players and ask them to get it for you , worked for me with Mick on a stick thanks to @Matt Vince :)

It's not so hard , like a few have said its more about faith in the seller...my advice wait until there is some big European tournament on and then try and cross the palms of one of the UK players and ask them to get it for you , worked for me with Mick on a stick thanks to @Matt Vince :)

Cough, yeah and who found you that.... o_O

Back
Top Bottom