What's new

IM Re-Release

And that's a rip off too, although I assume they are having to get new moulds etc. built which will add to the cost.

All it's costing stern for IMr is materials and labour. No r&d at all yet it's the same price as ST pro?

And that's a rip off too, although I assume they are having to get new moulds etc. built which will add to the cost.

I don't disagree that it is a rip off at all. But they already produce and sell all the parts for MM so I don't think many moulds and stuff were needed. So it still makes Stern's remake look cheap in comparison.

The thing is, I would bet you my last pound that the 500 IM will sell out quickly. So if they can get away with a high price then you can't really blame them.

All it's costing stern for IMr is materials and labour. No r&d at all yet it's the same price as ST pro?

They are a business. I wouldn't expect any other business to bring back a popular older product and sell it at the original price/close to original price. Why would they ?

Reissued Rolling Stones/Beatles/The Who ...whoever albums at 49p ??? Yes please :D

Can see what @jonathan is trying to say as it is a re-release of a machine that they made, only a few years ago, so a lot of the hard work/set up costs/R&D have already been covered so really should come out at a cheap/reasonable price however, as others have stated, they are a business and will want to make as much money as possible so will pitch the price as to what they think the customer will pay.

Think that the problem with the pricing is that being in the USA then presumably most of the sales are there so pitching it at $5495 is a good deal as saw one comment on pinside that used IM's were $6000 (correct me if i'm wrong as didn't do too much searching) so good deal for anybody in the US but gets even better as they are available on fleebay US for $5095.

With the high exchange rate at the moment then the rrp of $5495 = £3230 or the discounted price of $5095 = £2995 so bargain for anybody in the US!!

So vfm in the US but add on shipping, customs, vat then UK price of £4750, compared to US price, isn't a bargain.

Its a hell of a difference isn't it. If there was 1 less link in the chain it would knock 10% off the UK price but that link can't be taken away as its been there for too long.

Plus these games have problems, those problems need sorting out, sorting those problems out costs lots of money so that has to be factored into the price. Many many group members pay a good bit less than the list price on any of the games I sell, those who take a game with the basic stern warranty (and don't bother me if it breaks!) get a keen price. Without that long standing link disappearing though, the price isn't going to change much.

The £4750 price allows 2% to card companies if someone just orders it off the website, theres £100 gone...

They would be cheaper to buy direct in bulk from USA, but I am not risking selling none CE approved games, plus the effort of "chipping" them really is a pain in the ass, plus, if it burns your house down, you're not gonna thank me are you?!

Phil

If the machine is shipped over by yourself it will be non CE approved without the stamp. If that caught on fire and burnt your house down. You may have no insurance claim.

Last edited:
"those who take a game with the basic stern warranty (and don't bother me if it breaks!)"

what is the basic stern warranty, and how does this work ?
sounds very interesting

Phil, you should really consider accepting Bitcoin as a payment. There are no huge fees involved with either sending or accepting Bitcoin, and using a merchant service like Bitpay (https://bitpay.com/start) people can pay you in Bitcoin, and Bitpay will convert the Bitcoin into real money and place it into your account, all nice and seamless like. There are quite a few UK businesses already accepting it (scan.co.uk and ariapc.co.uk being my fav's) and they too use Bitpay merchant accounts.

You could potentially offer machines at a far more competitive rate than you can right now mostly because accepting funds this way internationally is very quick, free and most importantly for a merchant, completely unreversable by anyone other than yourself.

Just a thought.....:)

From my house its 22hours 31 mins Driving, 1156 miles. Cost wise....probably lots....lol.

says they are stern distribution for Sweden who i believe are members of the EU ?
How does that effect the warranty ?

says they are stern distribution for Sweden who i believe are members of the EU ?
How does that effect the warranty ?

If it is return to base then a long way to send it back :eek:

If they are in Norway, non EU, then surely any machine delivered to Sweden, EU member, would attract vat/tax like it would to UK

Nope - you pay tax in the country of purchase... and there's no duty on pinball stuff...

From what i remember the warranty from Stern is something like 2 weeks.. however as far as i remember there's a minimum warranty of 2 years in Europe...

Nope - you pay tax in the country of purchase... and there's no duty on pinball stuff...

From what i remember the warranty from Stern is something like 2 weeks.. however as far as i remember there's a minimum warranty of 2 years in Europe...

Except Swedish customs nab you for import duty... probably still cheaper than buying new in the UK though! :rolleyes:

OK so you buy from P4P at £3070, they ship it to Sweden, there's £200, thats £3270, add Swedish VAT (25%!!) thats a total of £4087.50, then you have to get it from Sweden! So lets say that your time is free and you can do it for another £200, thats nearly £4300! You're gonna save £200 on my "without a PBH warranty" price for all that effort. Could you be ****d?? For that £200 saving you are going to have a ton of hassle and give up 2 days of your life.... Lets just accept that VAT sucks ass. We all pay more in the UK for everything, but there's a ton of people on the dole we have to keep......

Well if I was buying a brand new machine,and wanted peace of mind, they can only be one place to go !!

Any other road trip routes ,has a recipe for disaster surely !!

Updated cabinet art production
New speaker decal
LEDs
Materials have gone up since 4 years ago
People were paying silly money for IM and they sold out of Re-run 1, not a rip off if people are paying it. I paid it and I own an Iron Man :D

Well if I was buying a brand new machine,and wanted peace of mind, they can only be one place to go !!

Any other road trip routes ,has a recipe for disaster surely !!

Where Carl, tell us, we need to know the only place to go for brand new machines, is it Liberty Games?? :D

Good to see them using the same angled speaker panel design from Star Trek.

I would have bought one if Predator didn't have to be paid for VERY soon. Imo, you just cant beat fast flowing, brutal pins like IM.

Price isn't everything. I'd rather pay a bit more and have the excellent after sales service Phil provides. You can pick up the phone with any issue and he always sorts it out - never any problem. Cheap is sometimes great but for this kind of item I'd rather stick with someone you can rely on. Wish all retailers were like this.

Stern should give Pinball Heaven the dealership as the current one isn't doing their brand any favours.

Phil has helped me out on many occasions, would definitely purchase NIB again (once I have the cash) thanks Phil

Back
Top Bottom