What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'M BACK...

Nedreud

Registered
Not been on the forum much over the past couple of months due to my wife having broken her pelvis (and sadly it wasn't due to a long vigorous weekend in Paris) but some may have noticed I've started posting again in the last few days (a few have been appreciating my work on @cooldan's avatar).

Anyway, this is say "I'm back!" and hopefully get on with my restorations. And blabbing on here about general pinball-related chuff, etc. :D

Continuing the "I'll be back" theme, has everyone seen the new TERMINATOR GENISYS trailor? Arnie is looking good. I'm more excited about this than Star Wars!

I like the way they're going with this... All the going back in time has totally fubared the original timeline so much that the events portrayed in the earlier films have now completely changed in a paradoxical way.

I hope they explore this a bit more than just using it as a vague hook for an Arnie "shoot-himself-up" couple of hours but I'm not betting the farm on it.

P.S. Welcome Back :)

This just made my brain Blue Screen of Death.

They've gone back to help, but that's already been changed, by an ethnic T-1000, and he's a woman (CRASH).

Can't beat some cheesy Terminator action.

(Welcome back)

I don't like it! The whole thing has been so mangled over the years that it now makes even less sense than it did to begin with! And that is saying something!!

Loved the original two films (especially the first one as Arnie was more awesome as the baddie) but everything else after has just been milking the cash cow in my opinion.
Sending Kyle Reese back again...... meh.

But they're not sending him back again - They're sending him back for the first time... If messing around with time travel doesn't make your head hurt, they're not doing it right ;)

Agree that the first 2 were the best and not expecting this to be an improvement though.

It's all just ********. Time travel films never work as there is always a fundamental flaw in the logic. You just have to leave your brain behind when you go to watch a film like this and just enjoy it for what it is. Nothing wrong with that. But when they try too hard to make sure it all makes sense it just gets silly. Especially when you have existing films that you have to fit everything around. Just to make sure you don't create any new plot holes!

Also, I do love Arnie. But the man is knocking on for 70 now! It may be time to put the Terminator to bed and work on something else.

Welcome back.

I've also been absent for a while as i've been busy fitting a new kitchen at home. Alas that means no Pinball work has been done at all and the dark nights and crappy weather also aren't helping.

Hopefully be back to it in the next week or two.

I hope my biceps look like this when I'm 67. Heck, I wish my biceps were half that now!

Arnie.jpg

Time travel stuff can be tricky in films. It's all sci-fi so don't forget none of it's real anyway ;) I watched THE DARK KNIGHT RISES last night, which I enjoyed but later a few things started to niggle, like why did all the bad guys follow Bane? Mercenaries work for cash. How was he paying them? If they were in it for the cause of the League of Shadows how did Bane manage to convince them all to follow him? Etc, etc, etc, and then I remembered it's just a film and got back to enjoying explosions and nice buttocks in tight spandex (and I'm talking about Selina Kyle, not Batman!)

selinekyle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom