What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illuminating playfield center section

Fubar

Site Supporter
Alias
Thomas
I find the center of my DESW playfield to be a bit dark - mainly because it's all navy blue. I'd like to light it up a bit better.

Yes I can solve this by switching on the lights in the room, but that really destroys the "COME TO THE DARK SIDE" effect. So looking to add some lights in the machine itself.

What do you recommend here? I see people putting LED strips above the back of the playfield, but that's not really illuminating the right area. Some modern sterns have LED spotlights around the apron/slingshots - could I get some of those and wire them into the GI? Something like this.

All pointers/suggestions most welcome :) Thanks

I went with illuminated star posts to light the centre a bit, may not be to everyone's taste but it really helps in the dark

20200424_175204.jpg

I used a dome 2smd which reflected onto the Death Star and R2D2. It was above the playfield and has a metal guard to help it reflect.
Or I could've dreamt it 🤔

I'd recommend a spotlight with a reflector mounted to the top of each slingshot aimed to the opposite corner of the machine so they provide a nice wash of light to the middle of the playfield. Feed the wires through one of the slingshot switch holes and tie into the GI 👌

Back
Top Bottom