What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illuminating my playfield

DanSeldon

Site Supporter
I recently bought a really nice TZ, chock full of mods, some of which I've removed to declutter the playfield.
I'd like to play it at all hours but the top half of the playfield is poorly lit. I've seen some Lermod LED strips but they look like they may be overpowering.

I've seen on a few machines these tiny shaded LED lights that might work.

Does anyone know where to get these?

Cheers. Dan.

Does it have LEDs in the GI?
They do brighten up the older games. You can get pin stadium lighting that adds led strips or make your own much cheaper version. I believe a few people have.

I'm not a fan personally, my solution to brighten up my older games is a few spotlights on the slingshots.

Does it have LEDs in the GI?
They do brighten up the older games. You can get pin stadium lighting that adds led strips or make your own much cheaper version. I believe a few people have.

I'm not a fan personally, my solution to brighten up my older games is a few spotlights on the slingshots.
Yes I'm worried long led strips will be overpowering. I've seen the tiny spotlights on a few machines but do you think i can bloody find them online!

Yes I'm worried long led strips will be overpowering. I've seen the tiny spotlights on a few machines but do you think i can bloody find them online!

Pinball Mania has them
But you'd need to get a hex spacer separately if you want it higher.

Comet sell really good kits with the hex spacers and don't require soldering but they ship from the states

Someone fitted a long blue led strip in mine at the back facing down and it reflected off the playfield showing the dots so I disconnected it, better now and just enough light there. It’s a moody game so no need to go mad with lighting in my opinion.

Attachments

• F08E712D-927C-4E8B-ABAA-0A29B955D852.jpeg
    F08E712D-927C-4E8B-ABAA-0A29B955D852.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 19
also make sure the light behind your head is good. Having all that light blaring in front of your eyes is not so good either.

also make sure the light behind your head is good. Having all that light blaring in front of your eyes is not so good either.
Gotcha. It’s in situ now so once the non reflective glass is in I’m going to get the balance right between playfield and room light. Think I’m going out the room light on a dimmer too.

Back
Top Bottom