What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idiots should be banned from purchasing Loctite.

kevlar

Site Supporter
Alias
Kevin Donovan
I've just spent the last 1 1/2 hours shearing posts and tearing out T nuts while stripping my BK2K. And I've only got as far as slingshots and inlane guides. Every T nut spinning and when gripped ( which is a job in itself ) the post/machine bolt shearing because some idiot has loctited everything! And it looks like it's going to be EVERY post. The joys of pinball restoration.

Try dremelling a slot into the T-nut and using a big flat head screwdriver to hold it still while you unbolt the posts.

In that era thread lock is pretty standard. Try tightening and loosening the bolt in small amounts to loosen the lock. Then increase the amount of turning back and forth until the bolt can be removed. If it seizes , go back and forth again until it releases.

Another thing you could do is screw a short self tapper into the gap in the tee nut to help stop it turning and rising out of the playfield.

Kev,

Tom Cahill, who used to present operator/serviceman seminars for Williams, said that isopropyl alcohol, e.g. tape head cleaning drops, acts as a solvent for the locking compound.

Last edited:
Kev,

Tim Cahill, who used to present operator/serviceman seminars for Williams, said that isopropyl alcohol, e.g. tape head cleaning drops, acts as a solvent for the locking compound.

Cheers Jay, good tip. I'll let you know if it works.

Back
Top Bottom