What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IBTL EP9 - We're gone Texas! TPF news plus guests Jimmy (86 PIxels) & Andy (Rocket City)

stumblor

Site Supporter
Alias
Davey Price
pasted_image (resized).png

I'm joining the very awesome Rob @ TEP for a brand new pinball podcast stream thing. Hot gossip! Unrequited love! Industry takedowns! And most definitely some earnest chinwagging on the mod scene.

Streaming live today at 5PM EST / 9pm GMT on Twitch (and YouTube when we work out the dang settings), and then every other Monday after that, until we either get sick of it or sell the intellectual property to Elon for da big bux.

Technical difficulties? Or is that just me?

It worked just long enough for me to hear Davey saying "Nah no need to check if its working...." and then the stream died!

Technical difficulties? Or is that just me?

It worked just long enough for me to hear Davey saying "Nah no need to check if its working...." and then the stream died!

I jinxed it !!

No idea what happened, but glad we got it sorted in the end.

Was hoping to watch it this morning but there's nothing on the Twitch channel, usually past broadcasts can be rewatched but nada 😔

Was hoping to watch it this morning but there's nothing on the Twitch channel, usually past broadcasts can be rewatched but nada 😔

Not sure - i know Rob was going to try and cut the two streams together (since we lost the stream earlier first time around) so it might be that, but will get o the bottom of it and let you know.

Hi Davey, enjoyed watching episode 1 last night 👏 look forward to more episodes.

I'm glad you used the platform to cover the not so glamorous side of mod making too, it's easy to miss this when playing the customer role.

I wasn't aware of the Bond laser mod that looks dope.

Regarding earliest mod, the Pinball MikeD. Creech mod came out 10 years ago does that beat the AFM saucer mods do you know?

Regards
Chris

Thanks for the great feedback Chris, and glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah we're really committed to showing as much "behind the curtain" stuff as possible. I'm sure there's a ton that goes on that people aren't even aware of. It'll fun to explore that, and get peoples reactions to it. If nothing else it might serve to highlight the areas people need to focus on if they were interested in persuing mod making commercially.

Regarding earliest mod, the Pinball MikeD. Creech mod came out 10 years ago does that beat the AFM saucer mods do you know?

I honestly have no idea - I think I feel the beginnings of a segment here!

Our very own Judge Dreads has been doing mods for a long time and what a great view he has up there in N Wales making his mods😎

1700503221852.png

Proving the bookies wrong, Me and Rob managed to make it to Episode 2 without killing each other or blowing anything important up. Going live again tonight at 10PM to share some inappropriate anecdotes and throw some serious shade at the latest contributions to the pinball mod scene. JK! We're not Kaneda!

Story time with Uncle Davey will 100% be as creepy as it sounds.

Did ep 6 happen? I know there was issues with the live stream but I was sure I saw a prerecorded copy pop up? Can't find it now.

Hey mate, thanks for checking - no we lost the lot unfortunately. We're going to have a do-over next monday eve.

With new tech this time!

1707770699791.png

Rob & Davey are back for Episode 7; where we'll talk about all the new mods we didn't get to last time - including the Kiss Target Nano Topper, Deadpool's Katana Handle, and the Jersey Jack Flopper Replacement I/O Board for GNR. But before we dive in, we'll share our controversial thoughts before the lock; including "Who's to Blame for Barren Playfields" and Davey defending himself for being called "Tasteless". It's going to be get loud!

Live tonight at 10PM GMT

Twitch & Youtube

1708981471292.png

Rob & Davey are back with another finely tuned episode of In Before The Lock, your biweekly exposé of the seedy pinball modding underworld. We scrape back the detritus on the Jaws ball eating obsession, and dump another dragnet full of Jaws mods that might very well make it the most modded game ever, for good or ill. Probably ill. Is modding out of control, and was it better back in the day? Jump on the stream later and share your thoughts.

Live tonight at 10PM GMT

Twitch & Youtube

1710182672224.png

It's TPF week (that's Texas Pinball Festival folks) and we've got guests! Rob and Davey welcome Jimmy Lipham of 86Pixels and Andy Sokol of Rocket City Pinball to this weeks show to talk all things TPF, as well as what these two have been up to lately in the world of pinball modding. It's gonna be a banger, don't miss it!

Live tonight at 10PM GMT

Watch the show live at inbeforethelock.com (links to YouTube, Twitch and Facebook) or rewatch it on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/@InBeforetheLock/streams

Back
Top Bottom