What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I could do with selling something...

Ross Hamilton

Registered
... but can't decide what.

In the firing line, all Bally games. I've put some suggested prices below but they're not firm, if I get tons of demand for something I'll assume I'm under-priced and adjust accordingly:

Space Invaders (maybe £750?)
Elektra (maybe £750?)

Star Trek (maybe £600?) SOLD
Judge Dredd (maybe £1350?) staying for now...
Shadow (maybe £1350?) staying for now...

I don't really want to sell anything, but for the right offer(s) I'd part with one or two from that list. They're all playable rather than immaculate. If any of them are your holy grail machine then drop me a line suggesting a ball-park figure that we could negotiate from, and if any of the offers are good enough to tempt me than I'll start taking pictures, etc.

Last edited:
I terms of cash and ignoring condition, i would suggest that in order of value they are ...

Shadow
Judge Dredd
Star Trek
Space Invaders
Elektra

Though doubtless many will have opinions on this. I would keep Shadow if I were you as that is the best player in that list and was very highly rated by both pinball heaven and the real and now sadly deceased pinball paradise.

Get yourself an aurich translite and speaker panel on your shadow and it will be an awesome looking as well as playing game ...

image.jpg

I would have jumped at the Elektra a few months ago, would have sat very nicely next to my Centaur ( bought from Ross ) and Medusa. Sadly both have moved on as I decided to focus on newer machines.

Get yourself an aurich translite and speaker panel on your shadow and it will be an awesome looking as well as playing game ...

Hmm, might do that - it looks great. I have the gear to print one myself, I wonder if you can download high res images of it anywhere. Is it public domain or would I have to buy it from someone?

Aurich is based in the usa. My shadow came with the new artwork. I heard that he is doing a rerun though as the first batch were so popular as the original Shadow looks crap but plays fantastically imho

Wow, I've been bombarded with messages!
Let me sit on things until tomorrow, I'm more keen to start up conversations about the older machines than Shadow or JD at the moment... I will reply to everyone who messages me direct, but in the past I've been too swift and ended up parting with machines I would prefer to keep, only to get the offers on the other machines a day or two later so this time I'm going to hold myself back a little!

Sorry, I've just been told I broke the forum rules posting a "for sale" inviting offers. I'll go back to edit the post...

Welcome to the forum Ross :thumbs:

Looks like I was 7 months to early on Dave's old space invaders :rolleyes:

Good luck with the sale of your machine mate ! :)

Unfortunately I have no cash in the pot now :(

I've taken some pics of Star Trek and Elektra, you can hopefully see them here:

Star Trek - something to note is that like Space Invaders, the carpentry backbox isn't very secure so I've got a ratchet strap over the back holding everything tight. Also worth pointing out (although it's obvious!) that I replaced the backbox illumination with an LED strip. This is because the backbox lamp sockets were in a poor state, and it was going to take weeks to clean them all up or replace them!

Elektra

I started doing Space Invaders, but the sound board was playing up so decided to get that fixed before continuing...

Space Invaders

There is a lot of work here for someone, but could one of the Bally SS Appreciation Society (with carpentry skills) save them

Regarding the Shadow alternative translite & speaker panel plastic, I bought one from Aurich's last run earlier this year and he told me that would be the final run, if he has any left from that run I would snap one up now as it could be your last chance.

Star Trek is sold now, Space Invaders is a little unwell (no background sounds) so I'll post pics up when the sound board has been repaired. I'm happy to entertain offers on Elektra.

Edit, just seen photos and vids....... Where's your desk located btw? Ta.

Hehe, I just came on to say there's a Google pics folder with photos and videos of it here: Elektra . I would say it's all fine, there's just probably the old bulb out here and there. All the hardware is good - the flippers are nice and strong and all the solenoids are working correctly. The sound board works perfectly (you can hear that in the videos). The playfield on these games is always pretty much immaculate because it sits under a plastic sheet (which you look through to see the lower playfield), although that has gone a bit cloudy with surface scratches so would look better after a good polish. At the back of the cabinet there is some damage, someone has moved it roughly and torn a strip out of the bottom, you can see the light coming through in one of the pictures. It's robust though - to be honest I'd forgotten about the damage until I came to take the pictures. I'd be inclined to just glue a triangular bead inside it, just to keep insects out, but some people would want to build it back out to square on the outside.

Oh, and my desk is in Alford, Lincolnshire, which isn't far from Skegness. Elektra is in my games room at home, about a mile from here :)

If you wanted one Courtney, I'm planning to come over to John's league meet on Sunday... Could stick one in the car.

Back
Top Bottom