What's new

Wanted HUO Wall mount cd jukebox

You can get minters - but it will cost you!!!

NSM and Sound Leisure are both based in Leeds and they sell refurbished ones.

In over 25 years I have never seen a HUO wallbox jukebox (apart from Digital).

Sound Leisure will also refurbish stuff if you take it to them, so it may be an idea to buy cheaper off ebay and then get them to refurb it.

Leon at www.jukeboxparts.co.uk used to do some nice wall mounters. Even if it is not listed on his site he is always worth a call.

Keith Badder from Ilkeston is brilliant - www.jukeboxselectionco.net/cd.php

Reactions: DRD
@Pick Holder. You sound like you know you're onions around jukes. I'm looking to get a vinyl jukebox at the moment. Are there best places to buy (forums, eBay, retail stores) or places to avoid. Which brands to avoid etc...
Any advice greatly appreciated
And sorry @Retroflip for hijacking your thread

@Pick Holder. You sound like you know you're onions around jukes. I'm looking to get a vinyl jukebox at the moment. Are there best places to buy (forums, eBay, retail stores) or places to avoid. Which brands to avoid etc...
Any advice greatly appreciated
And sorry @Retroflip for hijacking your thread

Well 99% of the vinyl jukes on ebay are junk. I would again tell you to contact Leon at Jukeboxparts or Keith Badder (details above).

Certain machines I would go for - others I would stay away from. For example SeeBurgs have the most mazing mechanism - but it is amazingly complex! You have to service those and measure tolerances with feeler gauges. 80s/90s Rowe AMI and NSMs are good. Some early 80s ones use chips you just cant replace. Feel free to PM me any links you want recommendation on.

What type of thing are you looking for?

Well 99% of the vinyl jukes on ebay are junk. I would again tell you to contact Leon at Jukeboxparts or Keith Badder (details above).

Certain machines I would go for - others I would stay away from. For example SeeBurgs have the most mazing mechanism - but it is amazingly complex! You have to service those and measure tolerances with feeler gauges. 80s/90s Rowe AMI and NSMs are good. Some early 80s ones use chips you just cant replace. Feel free to PM me any links you want recommendation on.

What type of thing are you looking for?

Awesome thanks mate, it's nice to know I can ask your advice. I literally have absolutely no idea which ones I like. I know the coolest looking ones cost ££££'s but as long as it looks cool as it'll be on display in the house. If I see something I'll drop you a pm mate. Thanks again.

ronnie had or has a nsm ultimate for sale thats a nice box
Ive got an Ultimate ES6 and I'm very happy with it, holding 100 CD'S and the ES6 is the latest and fastest cd changer.

I prefer the look of this to others because the door doesn't look like a stained glass windows, IMHO.

I didn't buy this from Ronnie so can't comment on his kit but I did get a lot of advice from him regarding jukeboxes (thanks Ronnie)!

On NSM I would watch the technology due to the CD players they use.

ES6 is the newest and used the CDM12PRO laser player - which can be repaired quite cheaply. These are UK made. Would be my 2nd choice.

ES5.1 use a CDM12 or CDM12PRO player. They use a black player (same as in ES6). German made, slightly different technology to the ES6. This is my person favourite of the NSM technologies as PCBs are the most reliable.

ES5 is a CDM4 laser, and the mech is usually housed in a WHITE player. Excellent mech but these lasers are very expensive to repair - IF you can get the part. Doug at SoundSense electronics can repair them but unsure of anyone else in the UK. Made in Germany, but about 25% of thee have been upgraded to CDM12 lasers using a kit and software update. If you google Philips CDM4 and CDM12 you can see the difference.

ES4 CD is usually CDM3 or CDM4 - again, some were upgraded to CDM12. Made in Germany. Same mech as ES5.

No pre ES4 technologies exist in CD format.

All NSMs sound good and the mechs are great bits of kit. It is the fastest and most accurate changing player.

As above I have an ES5.1 Hyperbeam and an ES6 Ultimate for sale, these are in great condition I doubt you could get better anywhere. I have sold 10+ over the last year with no complaints, but I only have 3 left one Hyperbeam and 2 Ultimates, one of the Ultimates comes with a matching light up stand.

Thanks for the plug guys

And also keith Badder is a great guy he know his onions

Ronnie

aa ops switch to digital cd jukes are drying up. a lot of nsm stuff has gone back to Germany. sound leisure cheapest for parts . wurlitzer stuff sells at a premium on the name but even the nostalgia stuff is bad build quality. rockola bubblers my favourite but currently have a sound leisure manhattan cd , sound leisure legends cd and nsm satellite vinyl , king of the 80s student unions lol

juke_manhattan1.jpg
Nsm-Satellite-200-Jukebox.jpg
8489037114_d68d532a6a_o.jpg

I have a Heritage for sale, not Huo but in excellent condition, ES 5.1. £350 fully refurbed.

Also have a couple of Performer Wall's (hyperbeam), also 5.1, will be ready in a few weeks.

The Heritage is fairly low use, has been in storage since '03, and before that was in a Staff social club.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
@mark9 and @ronnie63 - look like you both have some good NSM wall mounters. My favourite is the Performer Wall 2000 or Thunder (both ES5.1).

NSM still stock replacement parts for all of those machines, some people dislike the heritage 'wooden' sides and change them. Its all a mater of personal taste. They are all great machines.

@steve brum - I love the NSM vinyl machine - the satellite.

I have a Heritage for sale, not Huo but in excellent condition, ES 5.1. £350 fully refurbed.

Also have a couple of Performer Wall's (hyperbeam), also 5.1, will be ready in a few weeks.

The Heritage is fairly low use, has been in storage since '03, and before that was in a Staff social club.
View attachment 34774

That's a good price, I sold both my country 2000 walls for 350 and 380 and they are 50 cd es5.1. Also sold a few hyper beams for 550.

That's a good price, I sold both my country 2000 walls for 350 and 380 and they are 50 cd es5.1. Also sold a few hyper beams for 550.
Special price for the forum :thumbs:
Will be quite a bit more if it goes to eBay!

2nd hand Jukeboxes are a bargain all round really, new NSM wallboxes were around the same price as TAF in '92 (about £2400).

Back
Top Bottom