What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HS2 sound issue can anyone help?

Tony

Site Supporter
Alias
Tony
Hello there just set up my HS2 and there's no sound?
There are two connectors that go on the sound board does it matter which way round these go? Also there is a split in line connector but there appears to be two possible connections? Anyone any ideas?IMG_7047.JPGIMG_7048.JPG
Also possibly connected to the above there is a connector labelled J110 but there isn't a J110 on the board?
IMG_7050.JPG IMG_7049.JPG
All the rest of it works fine, just no sound?
I've checked the fuses on the sound board by pulling them out and checking continuity? They are ok?
It did work great before need to sort this ASAP if possible any help appreciated
Ta Tony

Can I ask if you follow those black wires does yours have a in line connector?

Does it go to the left speaker next to the DMD? The one running parallel to the black & yellow one? Or does it dive down into the base?

IMG_7071.JPG
Ok connectors installed the right way, all ribbon cables reseated still nothing? I'll get the schematic out see where the power is coming from

The black and yellow from the left connector goes straight to the left speaker +ve. The black wire from the left speaker -ve has that inline connector on it, the other side of the inline connector being black and yellow, which then goes to the cab speaker. The Black wire from the right connector goes into the loom so probably to the cab speaker. Hope that makes sense.

Yes I think so I'll check it out in the morning there is every chance there is another in line "male" connector that I can't find yet!
Thanks

Tony on that era a faulty bass speaker will stop the panel speakers from working ,ie if a wire is off the bass /cabinet speaker or the cabinet speaker is open circuit you will get no sound through the dmd panel speakers

Thanks Keith I have just about convinced myself that there's another inline connector that's breaking the circuit so first job this morning trace both wires from the bass speaker and see where they lead

I had a bit of a head scratcher on my DW because the junctions on the soundboard are upside down so the pins numbers start with 1 on right not the left if that helps...

Sound fixed thanks guys it helped having a sleep on it, turned out to be a simple wire needed re soldering back onto the base speaker connector all working now!!!!!!!
We have HS2 over Christmas
Just got to get the bloody thing inside now!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7073.MOV
    15.5 MB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom