What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How far will you go for pinball?

Pudsey pinball

Registered
Travelled 635 miles today to drop off a pin and pick a pin up in an epic round trip taking in Ipswich and Salisbury along the way!

Ah, missed ya Dave. Glad we've got a WW back in the family though! Furthest I've been is Cheshire from Ipswich, so nothing to heroic there!!

Do tell.
rolleyes-1.gif

It is a bit of a killer tralling to Ipswich, I have done it twice from "Up North" and its a long long drive.

Have a few beers and a few games Dave , that should cheer you up some.

But then again Don't tell me you have started your trade mark ? Stripping the bugger even before you have a game on it ? Clean , clean and more cleaning for you all day tomorrow then.

Nah Daz not doing owt with it untill aft show got too much on at mo with work n stuff,yeah it needs a good clean but it'll wait

Furthest I've been is Nottingham to Tiverton in Devon and back in the same day for my Shadow a few weeks ago. The drive down was ok but coming back was grim...got stuck in a massive traffic jam south of Brum!

Seems to be quite a few of us picking up STTNG's at the moment
smile-1.png

I drove from Newcastle to Paris and back to pick up an arcade machine, 1100 miles in total iirc! Petrol was cheaper back then though!

Bristol from south wales...1 hrs drive when i was in the area visiting family anyway.

all others have been courier'd after securing loads of photos beforehand!

been lucky so far but saved a fortune in fuel.

But you do miss out on the adventure , which in my book is all part of the fun.

replicas' date=' post: 1696405 said:
But you do miss out on the adventure , which in my book is all part of the fun.

i do aggree...i dont have a car licience though and it's a bit hard ballanced a pin on the back of a sports bike.

lol

Aberdeen and back, circa 850m round trip in July 2005. Left at 1am, home for 4pm after getting stuck on the M6 of doom

I did Warrington to Dungloe in Republic of Ireland for a TZ. Included overnight ferry in both directions.

Runcorn to Bournemouth for an Addams, the guy was Belgium and packed me on the way with a bag full of highly potent beer. Great trip.

wayne g' date=' post: 1696407 said:
i do aggree...i dont have a car licience though and it's a bit hard ballanced a pin on the back of a sports bike.

lol

Yep you have a point there.

Shame though as a lot of the trips I used to do and are still doing hold some great memorys.

I think i could trump most of the tips mentioned so far as i have been from deepest darkest Somerset to the swiss boarder a roud trip of 1750 miles in a weekend 6am sat to 12 midnight sunday 29.5 hrs driving total AND doing it again this month hopefully for another machine!!

Never been continental to collect a machine, furthest was from N Wales to London, (I doubt I would go further than 100 miles these days), longest wasted journey was from same start point to Peterborough to collect an IJ that turned out to be a yellow refuse skip with a glass lid on it.

Fishbulb' date=' post: 1696440 said:
I think i could trump most of the tips mentioned so far as i have been from deepest darkest Somerset to the swiss boarder a roud trip of 1750 miles in a weekend 6am sat to 12 midnight sunday 29.5 hrs driving total AND doing it again this month hopefully for another machine!!

Blimey.

I know Lee Buck went to the States(think it was for a US Black Hole),got machine packed then flew back:eek:

Yeah, except that could have been a very short trip to the airport at both ends, feet up and relax on the plane...
biggrin-1.png

Fishbulb' date=' post: 1696440 said:

What he neglected to mention was that he did it again a month later in a 1000 mile trip to Luxemburg.... for which I shall always be very gratefull !
biggrin-1.png

I've been to Italy and back with an overnight sleep in the back of the van half way up mont Blanc. I wouldn't recommend it though!!

Back
Top Bottom