What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot wheels thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
oh that condom on the head gag must really have stung eh? :D :D :D

In March that was true, in the UK now probably also true. In Florida, unfortunately not so true, I'm not worried about catching the virus but getting Trump to let me in is the more challenging aspect, but lets hope by October some level of normality is back and then I can stay in Florida for the Flip Out Florida and the IFPA WC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone bought one or is planning on doing so?

I still think this looks like a fun game, but I am struggling a little with the price compared to a Stern (just my opinion).

Just wondered if anyone had played one?

I’m tempted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Me too! The more videos I watch, the more I like it! I am off to play Turtles on Friday at Chief, so hopefully that will help make a decision.

Like I said above, I am struggling with the price a little compared to a Stern.

I went for a Stranger Things in the end and happy with my decision, but if I do manage to acquire more space and funds, Hot Wheels will be next.

Quick review after a couple of days.

Build Quality: SOLID! appears to be WPC kit and P_ROC hardware. Am experiencing some dimpling but no more than any other manufacturer. Small problem with wrong fuses fitted and I wonder how they play tested this at the factory and didn't notice (as it blows immediately) they (PH & AP) got it sorted immediately . Sound needed some tweaking to remove hiss, mainly turning down the amp and turning up the game volume. Sounds AMAZING!

Layout: More simplistic but works really well. This thing is FAST! bounce out from the right saucer, not much you can do with it and not much of a problem. Getting rejects from the left (main) saucer, gate not closing quick enough and will add a spring to fix. Otherwise all very impressive, love the right return.

Gameplay: Have to say, awesome. Doesn't try to be too cerebral and you don't need a degree to play it. It does have nuances with stacking things and use of the revs to change the scoring potential. Great monster battles and multiballs. Red Line Mania is one of the best starts to a MB I have ever seen. Announcer guy sounds like Indy 500 guy. Could live without the news caster who appears to mostly repeat what's just happening. Lower rollover air gun gets tiring as its the same for all 4 lanes. Needs dialling back.

Impressed with this, for the money compared to other offerings, this is brilliant. I reckon on site it'd do really well.

Build Quality: SOLID! appears to be WPC kit and P_ROC hardware. Am experiencing some dimpling but no more than any other manufacturer. Small problem with wrong fuses fitted and I wonder how they play tested this at the factory and didn't notice (as it blows immediately) they (PH & AP) got it sorted immediately . Sound needed some tweaking to remove hiss, mainly turning down the amp and turning up the game volume. Sounds AMAZING!

Layout: More simplistic but works really well. This thing is FAST! bounce out from the right saucer, not much you can do with it and not much of a problem. Getting rejects from the left (main) saucer, gate not closing quick enough and will add a spring to fix. Otherwise all very impressive, love the right return.

Gameplay: Have to say, awesome. Doesn't try to be too cerebral and you don't need a degree to play it. It does have nuances with stacking things and use of the revs to change the scoring potential. Great monster battles and multiballs. Red Line Mania is one of the best starts to a MB I have ever seen. Announcer guy sounds like Indy 500 guy. Could live without the news caster who appears to mostly repeat what's just happening. Lower rollover air gun gets tiring as its the same for all 4 lanes. Needs dialling back.

Impressed with this, for the money compared to other offerings, this is brilliant. I reckon on site it'd do really well.
Really good to hear and although I am really happy with Stranger Things, I do want a Hot Wheels!

What was the cost on these again? I to am a stranger things owner but this did look fun. The stop frame animations stuff and comedy looked great

Any chance of a stream your end Phil at some point unless you’ve already done one?

Back
Top Bottom