What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hoping for a fab four welcome

Dubi

Registered
Hello all,

Please be gentle with me, as from the slumber of arcadia now some 45 years ago I find myself with a yearning to relive my pinball youth, and to do so with the Beatles skin. I know some rightly balk at the price, and I also understand that compared to some fancy games it might be a bit stripped back, but the theme and stripped back nature seem to do it for me.

What I’d really appreciate ahead of possibly breaking the wallet open is some thoughts about reliability and cost of ownership. I know there has been a lot of talk and some disquiet about sterns spike boards vs sams (not that I would be able to tell you the first thing about the difference), but it would seem that, in the round, new pins are reasonably reliable (unless you get unlucky). But thereafter, under the playing conditions of a Johhny-no-mates in a home environment, what potential costs could I be storing up over 10 years? And are there reliable, reasonable cost services in the west mids/birmingham/coventry area?

The other immediate question I have, who’s best to purchase from? From some of the posts I have seen here, PH? Is it possible to buy cheaper direct from EC? Downfalls if so?

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to being a member of the community going forward.

PS I love the Beatles theme, but in line with a recent thread, my wallet would simply fall open for a Ramones theme!

Dubi

Back
Top Bottom