What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homepin WMS Transformer -thoughts?

"This transformer will probably sell for "ABOUT" €500~€800 by the time shipping and taxes have been added"

:eek: :rofl:

With very few games scrapped now , working transformers have rocketed up in price from the £20 of the nighties to up to £200 for wpc ones now. Like cabinets , when you want one not easy to source

Steve is 100% correct when he states that very few machines are now being parted out. This is the very reason we decided the time was right to see if it was possible to reproduce this part.

I have been keeping an eye on prices and used transformers have been getting higher in price and have become scarce!

Our redesign includes a modified winding to allow for both 12V and 18V audio supply windings in the one transformer.

There are many legal requirements and they differ from country to country and we have spent more than a year making sure this part meets or exceeds the electrical safety rules in all countries we intend to sell into.

The cost and minimum order quantities of this part would make most peoples eyes water - it is astronomical!!! I can assure everyone that Homepin is not making much at all on this part - actually we make more profit selling a $100 PCB than we will on these transformers. We are doing it because we are in a position to make them where many others are not and I want to prevent machines from being parted out.

I expect them to sell for about US$350 retail but this will depend on the exact country, the quantity purchased by the agent and the costs for that agent to get them to their country.

They weigh just under 12kg when boxed so air shipping is not an option. The final price will be what it is I'm afraid - it's that or part the machine out basically.

The pics below show how things have changed in recent years.....

1674783244777.png

1674783349106.png

Mike this could be a god send. I’d be interested I have a Bally corvette that looks like it used to live underwater. Hasn’t been turned on in over a decade. I don’t have high hopes for the transformer!!

What are people’s thoughts on upgrading a working one with this new one and selling old one to mitigate costs? What would a working orig fetch?

A couple of preview pics of the initial sample transformers. We decided to change the voltage adjust board for a six way plug - much simpler for the installer to select the correct plug for their machine and no physical mounting to be made unlike our first effort.

1674820755113.jpeg

1674820675195.png

1674821013217.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom