What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hollywood Heat Resurrection with LISY80

Arv

Registered
Alias
As it's Sunday and it raining I thought I'd make a start on the LISY80 board I bought a month or two ago. It's dirt cheap €30 plus components and runs off a Raspberry Pi Zero. You can do all sorts of cool stuff like diagnostics through a web interface and has free play built in.

In a nutshell it's a replacement System 80 running on Linux.
(LISY80 - LInux for GottliebSYstem80)

http://www.lisy80.com

Blank canvas to start with:

20170903_143648.jpg
So a little soldering and we have this:

20170903_164525.jpg

And fully populated we have this:

20170903_165658.jpg

That's enough for today as I need to setup Hollywood Heat and do the ground mods tomorrow.

Bloody hell Shaun, steady on doing something you might strain yourself. Diving in and actually doing a bit after so long isn't good for you, don't want to see you get hurt. :D

I know I know, need to have a word with myself at some point. ;)

Cool.... how much in total including components? I just ordered some new readers so can have a go at more accurate soldering. This may be a guinea pig. :)

Won't work hheat is sys 80b!

The board supports System 80/80a/80b.

From website:

upload_2017-9-4_8-16-54.png

Last edited:
Cool.... how much in total including components? I just ordered some new readers so can have a go at more accurate soldering. This may be a guinea pig. :)

PCB and PIC Chips: 30 Euro
Components: 20 Euro
Raspberry Pi Zero £4.50 or £9 with WIFI

Reactions: JMP
Yeah i reckon, not looked into it like. But i don't see why not.

Ground mods done. Waiting on leg plates before I can stand this up.

20170905_124945.jpg

As it's Sunday and it raining I thought I'd make a start on the LISY80 board I bought a month or two ago. It's dirt cheap €30 plus components and runs off a Raspberry Pi Zero. You can do all sorts of cool stuff like diagnostics through a web interface and has free play built in.

In a nutshell it's a replacement System 80 running on Linux.
(LISY80 - LInux for GottliebSYstem80)

http://www.lisy80.com

Blank canvas to start with:

View attachment 51102
So a little soldering and we have this:

View attachment 51105

And fully populated we have this:

View attachment 51104

That's enough for today as I need to setup Hollywood Heat and do the ground mods tomorrow.

I saw these awhile back whilst looking for something on the mission site. Interesting project. I was thinking about a possible gold wings rewrite using this system as it allows mission usage and python, should be right up my street. What are is the total cost with rPi and all the parts , 3 pic ics etc?

Also interested in how the stock game is. Not sure about using Mame emulation in the real. So interested to see how well that does along with boot times etc.

PCB and PIC Chips: 30 Euro
Components: 20 Euro
Raspberry Pi Zero £4.50 or £9 with WIFI

Thought i'd have a quick tinker in my dinner hour. 5v is showing a steady 5.03v couple of pre-flight checks and lets plug her in:

20170908_135323.jpg 20170908_140923.jpg 20170908_140955.jpg

Last edited:
Will need some new BR's and abit of tinkering.

Back
Top Bottom