Sold Hobbit Smaug LE final reduction £6000

Will

FKA SOUTH COAST SLAM
Nov 8, 2011
Fortress Of Solitude
www.gentlemen4hire.com
With a heavy heart I am thinking about flogging this ... it’s £1 listing day on eBay so will stick it up for more ... but looking for 7k
Epic game I didn’t think I would sell but need to free up some cashola .
Will post pics at some stage but it’s a HUO machine so just type in Hobbit Smaug into google and its the same as that one :thumbs::p

OP
OP
Will

Will

FKA SOUTH COAST SLAM
Nov 8, 2011
Fortress Of Solitude
www.gentlemen4hire.com
For sale again :(
Alas the holiday home it was going to its space has been filled as with this crazy hobby another machine was bought

Pics below , there is a rip on each side of the blades as I did this when lifting the PF ... annoying but I didn’t even notice it until a week or so ago you can’t really notice it when playing or looking at it

Plays perfectly amazing shape all round and in my opinion the best art package of them all it’s stunning to look at

Lots of pics
Welcome to come and view it Martin knows where I am as well :)

Only machine I am possibly interested in a trade with would be a Metallica .

70D67CDC-1B14-41FC-B13E-3BF6E76EE2AD.jpeg
22F1FCBC-F946-42EE-AFD8-836882076325.jpeg
74481DA0-8725-4FEC-9F0B-D7946EC1577B.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: Kenny Taylor

Sgt GrizZ

Staff member
Jul 21, 2011
40 clicks North of Saigon (or Brighton beach )
This is surely one of the most beautiful games ever made - just stunning. A real jaw dropper.

I was a bit cold on Hobbit when it first appeared - but as with all JJP games it really needs time spent in home environment. The code on this now is insane. It's like no other game - epic is possibly over used describing this but it really is a 'journey' . To my 14 year old D&D /LOTR obsessed self this would have been the stuff of a mad man's dream :D

I suspect old J.R.R himself would approve , I have it on good authority that he was quite the pinhead- necking the mead in various Oxford taverns whilst smashing high scores, when he wasn't busy researching ancient Norse lore and legend.

OP
OP
Will

Will

FKA SOUTH COAST SLAM
Nov 8, 2011
Fortress Of Solitude
www.gentlemen4hire.com
No one want to take over the quest to finish this double hard bastard of a game before I send it to the bay of the e ?
And come on all you Metallica owners , you must be thinking how you can get cash for BK3000 .... by selling your old tired and dated Metallica to me that’s how :)

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Riccall, North Yorkshire
The first code was soooooooo bad
I haven’t played one since I sold mine a few weeks after I opened it .
You might find it pales in comparison now you're accustomed to the depths of a JJP, but then i felt Hobbit was a steaming pile when i played it at Tilt 3 years ago - i have no doubt it has improved greatly, but why take so long to get there.

Metallica is the epitome of rock and roll under glass - there's not much out there that can beat it for total package for everyone. Youngest game i own, but it's had 5 years to mature - i'd never buy anything new on initial release from Stern or JJP - not interested in playing semi-complete games.

OP
OP
Will

Will

FKA SOUTH COAST SLAM
Nov 8, 2011
Fortress Of Solitude
www.gentlemen4hire.com
JJP games are nothing like stern in terms of depth but sometimes you just wanna rock out and buzz the balk around , luckily I have Aerosmith for that .... but Metallica is one of my fav bands ( hence flying one in from USA on week of release) and my boy loves Metallica as well so must get another one to see how it’s progressed...
Have been toying with getting an iron maiden and changing the dreadful music to Metallica 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

Monkeyboypaul

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Riccall, North Yorkshire
JJP games are nothing like stern in terms of depth but sometimes you just wanna rock out and buzz the balk around , luckily I have Aerosmith for that .... but Metallica is one of my fav bands ( hence flying one in from USA on week of release) and my boy loves Metallica as well so must get another one to see how it’s progressed...
Have been toying with getting an iron maiden and changing the dreadful music to Metallica 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼
Indeed. Loud music, flashing lights & A BIG ****ING HAMMER. It ticks all my boxes.

I'm sure Maiden's amazing, but i'll give it another year to fully bake while playing something complete.

Reactions: Will and ianw

Moonraker

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2011
Salisbury
www.specialwhenlit.co.uk
I will get up one day dude .... weekends for me now dont happen unless it’s deceember of January
We've been in the new venue 6 years now and you're still saying you'll make it one day... I think we'll have closed by the time you find that day..! P.S. The last 6 festive gatherings have all been held in December. :-o