What's new

Hobbit Headphone Jack Issue

mark9

Site Supporter
Alias
Mark Craven
First time I've tried my headphones out on the external jack, but doesn't seem to work, sound still comes out of the cab speakers with headphones plugged in. Has anyone else had this issue or is it something daft I'm not doing?

The volume and mute buttons on the jack board make the leds work, so no problems with them.

on ghostbusters there is an option that decides what the machine does. i.e. headphones in keep playing through speakers or not. might be worth looking in the system menus?

on ghostbusters there is an option that decides what the machine does. i.e. headphones in keep playing through speakers or not. might be worth looking in the system menus?
There are settings to adjust the master volume and headphone volume but not one like that. There is also an option to switch on master volume adjustment through the headphone buttons, so I switched that on, but that doesn't work either, even though the leds work when you press the buttons.

Hmm so I guess if you set master volume all fhe way down it takes the volume of the headphones down also? Must be a problem otherwise don't see the point of the headphones socket!

Tried the disconnecting and reconnecting the ethernet style connector on the headphone pcb again, now there is some sound coming through the headphones. But it's very quiet and only on the left channel.
Also spotted a tiny switch on the pcb, labelled Mute:Disable/Enable. With this switched to enable you can switch the cab speakers on and off when the heaphones are in.
IMG_0322.JPG

Back
Top Bottom