What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Speed 2 Translite Wanted

marcoos_1

Registered
Alias
Mark McC
I'm looking for a HS2 translite if anyone has one? I've seen a couple of alternates but if possible I'd like to put an original one on there in anyone has one?

Mark.

Maybe worth asking @PeteB from Retro Refurbs, and there is a chap on here from Europe who reprints translites, @xianek who has done some nice work on here.
The guy from Poland does fantastic work I've had a wh20 and a creach translate from him and the colours are fantastic the only issue I found was that his print medium is thicker than standard translate so you have to trim the side and top to be able to fit the lift and side channels

The guy from Poland does fantastic work I've had a wh20 and a creach translate from him and the colours are fantastic the only issue I found was that his print medium is thicker than standard translate so you have to trim the side and top to be able to fit the lift and side channels
The guy from Poland would like to comment on this :)
  • I use 0,5 mm PET G medium, because it doesn't come from a roll and I can print multiple layers of paint on it. The printing head goes over the Translite 5 times. This is not possible on medium that is printed from a roll. The reason I do multiple layers of paint is to achieve contrast better than in the original Translites and better than in PPS versions. Additionally, I am able to apply a blockout layer to prevent the light passing through selected parts. The difference between my Translite and the original is like the difference between LCD TV and OLED one.
  • For a period of time, I've been enlarging Translites (not by scaling up, but by drawing additional (missing) art so that the Translite would fill as much glass as possible. The reason for this was to prevent any light passing through the gaps in the trims. Also, glass versions of Translites only required top and bottom trims (690 mm wide for WPC) so you had a nice large glass to enjoy without light escaping through the sides or gaps in trims. However, larger and thicker Translites required the use of different trims for WPC machines, so now I am slowly going back to original size as some people reported this as problematic (even though it was still possible to fit the 0,5 mm Translite into normal Trims with some force).
Cheers! Xianek

Back
Top Bottom