What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Class Pinballs.

RuzRuk

Registered
Hi all, My IJ playfield is totally knackered.{long boring story} I have seen replacements at High Class Pinball.com. Has anyone bought a playfield from this website? If so was the quality worthy of the price tag, packaging and delivery all ok? Any feedback would be welcome. Cheers Ruzz.

It really depends on your eye for detail, and how good the clear coat job is. I have bought from Mirco before, but I probably wouldn’t again. Personal choice. His playfields do look great, but how well they’ll hold up longer term isn‘t so clear. I just prefer original or alternative manufacturers nowadays.

There is a interesting thread on pinside regarding the mirco play fields :D

I’ve had a few playfields, if you’re not experienced, the clearcoat can be cracked easily when installing T-nuts and posts.

Some of his work is not that great, my advice would be to go ahead if only his is available but pay with PayPal. His customer service is none existent and the only way to sort issues is his PP dispute

get a playfield from him and send it to cruzman. His playfield clear coat is ****ing terrible.
Hi Niel, thank you for your reply. I am not that concerned about the clear coating as I am pretty good at that myself and also would have no issues with an expert finishing the job off properly. More about the quality of the the playfield it's self. Is it a decal overlay or a proper screened layered like the original and inserts installed level. My playfield is shot to bits after I did the overlay from classic arcades.It has bubbled and cracked causing massive ball bounce in play. This is causing more damage on the other components of the machine. Ij is my favourite machine so its going to get hammered. I basically have no choice but to go for this replacement playfield but any advice you can give would be welcome. Cheers Russ.

CPR would be my first choice. But a lot of them are not dimpled.
I would buy a mirco if I could get nothing else.
Sadly getting a playfield restored takes too long.

Is it a decal overlay or a proper screened layered like the original and inserts installed level.

They're proper screened layers and inserts are levelled. One thing, Mirco or CPR playfields don't come with is factory fitted mylar for high wear areas (eg pop bumpers), so make sure you install said mylar first, otherwise is doesn't matter how good the clearcoat is...

They're proper screened layers and inserts are levelled. One thing, Mirco or CPR playfields don't come with is factory fitted mylar for high wear areas (eg pop bumpers), so make sure you install said mylar first, otherwise is doesn't matter how good the clearcoat is...
Great that's the info i needed to make my mind up.thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom