What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi! Newbie alert!

Jono Sandilands

Registered
I'm Jono! Currently living in Bristol but originally from the Shetland Isles.
Right now I'm studying a Masters in Printmaking - looking at games + interactivity as art. Basing this around arcade and specifically pinball machines.

I'm looking for a project machine, maybe a restoration, but eventually working towards a custom build - totally aware of how much work this will be - but this is the ambition!

Also interested in finding any sort of opportunity for a work placement (as part of the course), repairing, building, making tea/opening beer bottles?? anything pinball or arcade - even if just for a few days. If anyone can offer anything like this or knows of anything similar please get in contact.

One of my past projects was an interactive Ping Pong table - create a piece of artwork as you play (video here)

I'm trying to play more Pinball because I'm turning into an addict - very limited places to play in Bristol so will be out an about and welcome any suggestions for places to visit...

Welcome Jono...

You should probably email Andy at Heighway pinball. Dont know if he will have a place for you but hes only across the bridge in Wales

Check out the pinball leagues in your area. Best way to play a variety of games at like minded peoples houses.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
@replicas not found much about leagues in Bristol yet, but I've been brave and signed up for the Saturday at the Special When Lit Festive Gathering - not too far away in Salisbury and hear there are a few Bristolians going too so hope to meet. Anyone else from here going?

Thanks for the warm welcome!
@replicas not found much about leagues in Bristol yet, but I've been brave and signed up for the Saturday at the Special When Lit Festive Gathering - not too far away in Salisbury and hear there are a few Bristolians going too so hope to meet. Anyone else from here going?

Great place to start and I can tell you about the leagues there too:)

Cheers
Greg

Excellent! Really looking forward to that.
Will need to get some more practice in before then.... Avatar at Molloy's Pub here I come...

Back
Top Bottom