What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey Up

Super_Dave

Registered
Hey up! ...and greetings to all!

Yep, you guessed it, another newbie. I stumbled across the forum by chance a good while ago and was very impressed with the community within and love reading the posts.

A little about myself. I have always enjoyed playing pinball and fruit machines since the early 90s. Due to lack of space at home I have never owned a pinball but now the time has come to have a serious look. I have had a good clear of my man cave sacrificing a motorbike, a fruit machine and various other bits of man hoarding related crap!

Hi and nice to meet you :wave:

Last edited:
Welcome to Pinball Info Dave.
Get yourself down to the biggest UK show happening at Event City Manchester.
The NLP show is on 8,9th October and will have over 100 pinball machines to play.
As well as loads of other stuff, videos,consoles etc.
Discounted tickets here, http://www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone/

Hi there. You will find one pinball space is not enough....some here have waaaay more than that...I think it's why prices are buoyant as they hoarde them! Good place for buying a pin with most being realistic on the prices and they are a fairly helpful bunch to say the least! Enjoy.....

Welcome to Pinball Info Dave.
Get yourself down to the biggest UK show happening at Event City Manchester.
The NLP show is on 8,9th October and will have over 100 pinball machines to play.
As well as loads of other stuff, videos,consoles etc.
Discounted tickets here, http://www.ukpinball.com/twilightzone/

Thanks!

This looks a great event, how did I not hear about this before?? ?

Hi there. You will find one pinball space is not enough....some here have waaaay more than that...I think it's why prices are buoyant as they hoarde them! Good place for buying a pin with most being realistic on the prices and they are a fairly helpful bunch to say the least! Enjoy.....

Thanks... This is how I originally stumbled across the forum. I had been scouring ebay, gumtree etc last year but really you are buying blind. On here users appear to have a wide knowledge and great respect for maintaining condition of machines. I most certainly will be buying from a user on here after reading a few stories.

Oh I have the room now for more than one but I need to go steady especially if I am to keep the wife on board with the idea :cool:

Welcome to the forum Dave :thumbs: As @replicas has said, get yourself along to a show as it's the best way to try out a load of different games to get a feel for what you like and what you want to buy :)

Welcome to the forum Dave :thumbs: As @replicas has said, get yourself along to a show as it's the best way to try out a load of different games to get a feel for what you like and what you want to buy :)

Thanks Ron, it's certainly a good plan. I have a few of the old favorites I always loved but rarely see them around now. The time has come to 'start the ball rollin' and get one for man's castle.

Welcome.

Always good to hear a bit of South Yorkshire. Also look at uk pinball league on google. Wide range of standards, young through to old, very social, not too competitive.

Far better to buy a game on here from an enthusiast than to roll the dice on ebay. On here there are guys who love these things, properly maintain them etc. when games break down folk on the forum help to get them going again

On ebay there are all manner of folk who buy a single game. Play it without any maintenance for years. Feature after feature stops working, yet the game is described as "working". They phone up pin heaven or pin mania and cost up a home repair visit, decide that they would rather sell it than return it to good condition. Then put it on ebay "had this for years, works, needs some bulbs, we need the space, i do not know much about this ..."

You have to be very careful with ebay. You get many idiots who do not know what they are doing, or liars who claim not to know what they are doing. Neither seller makes sense for a first time buyer.

Do not buy a basket case, a pinball with multiple faults might be too much for a noob. Better to get a working game, deal with issues as they arise, learn how to fix them in small steps.

We all started with one. These things breed

Welcome.

Always good to hear a bit of South Yorkshire. Also look at uk pinball league on google. Wide range of standards, young through to old, very social, not too competitive.

Far better to buy a game on here from an enthusiast than to roll the dice on ebay. On here there are guys who love these things, properly maintain them etc. when games break down folk on the forum help to get them going again

On ebay there are all manner of folk who buy a single game. Play it without any maintenance for years. Feature after feature stops working, yet the game is described as "working". They phone up pin heaven or pin mania and cost up a home repair visit, decide that they would rather sell it than return it to good condition. Then put it on ebay "had this for years, works, needs some bulbs, we need the space, i do not know much about this ..."

You have to be very careful with ebay. You get many idiots who do not know what they are doing, or liars who claim not to know what they are doing. Neither seller makes sense for a first time buyer.

Do not buy a basket case, a pinball with multiple faults might be too much for a noob. Better to get a working game, deal with issues as they arise, learn how to fix them in small steps.

We all started with one. These things breed

Cheers for the warm welcome guys...

DRD you are spot on and I totally agree with your words. It's one of the main reason I joined the forum, I already read a few stories on here and it's not worth the gamble. I am working my way round here, seems easy enough and everyone very welcoming it's good to see.

Back
Top Bottom