What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with TZ

Reg

Registered
Hi All,

Bought a TZ earlier this year and having a few bugs. The gumball stopped working and was blowing the fuse, a bit of reading later and tuns out it was one of the BR. I had the board 'fixed' but now it's back in the ball won't load into the out lane and the fruit machine is also not working. I have been through the solenoid tests and can only conclude that this is an issue with the board repair. All and every connection is correct as I can see.

I am looking for someone to help me with this in an effort to get it running again before xmas. I am a little bit miffed but I guess I was very lucky with the last TZ and STTNG.

Are there 'good' new boards available as this is a keeper either way.

Thanks all.

Might help if you let people know where in the UK you are based.
In answer to your question yes you can get new replacement boards for your machine.

I doubt very much this is anything to do with the board repairs the gumball is run off 20v the out lane kicker and fruit machine are 50v

Just South of Oxford. It's both reassuring and odd as pre-repair the gumball was the only issue. Gumball is fine now on test.

What happens in the solenoid tests? Just not firing?

Whenever a solenoid stops working on my machines - it’s always been a wiring or fuse issue, not a board problem (yet!).

Dodgy soldered joints shake free on those solenoids, or can get snagged when you’re raising and lowering the playfield sometimes.

With a multi meter - perhaps check the continuity of the wiring from those two solenoids back to the connectors and makes sure they’re good.

Good luck

I has issues with the large opto board under the playfield, the cables going into the connector were dodgy causing problems and I’m sure gumball machine was one of them.
Was a while ago but worth a look and a wiggle.

Just to wrap this up in case it's of help to anyone else.

Today James from Majestic Pinball visited and quickly established that the repaired board was, as suspected the issue. Now, I won't go into all the details of the repair but I was very disappointed with the quality of it as I had received a lot of positive feedback about the place. Tracks had various jumpers and the BR's were soldered poorly. Honestly, I was going to give it a go myself but figured the workshop which carried out the work would be able to solder to a far higher standard than I could and would be using a proper solder/de-solder station. All that I can think is it was given to someone else or they couldn't be bothered/didn't want to do it. You live and learn.

Anyway, with the board swapped it all came back to life. No lights out, just one issue with a solenoid which was bad.

I would recommend James to anyone on here looking for work.

https://www.majesticpinball.co.uk

Why not say the person who repaired it they maybe able to give you an explanation on the poor repair
Or if you don’t someone else will fall into the same trap as you
TBH life's too short. I did make contact and was told it was 'probably how you have connected it back up'. Naming and shaming never works out on a public forum. It was just a lash up, why, who knows, and as it was November last year they'll ask why I didn't sort it with them sooner. The answer being, because you made such a mess of it the first time :) I knew I had to wait for James due to the lockdown and it was sorted within 10 mins.

Back
Top Bottom