What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Cabinet and Playfield work

County1883

Registered
Hi All

I was wondering whether somebody could spare me an afternoon and help me with my Bally Speak Easy. I am particularly after someone who is a dab hand at cabinet and playfield restoration. Just to talk through some techinques and provide some insight.

The thing i am struggling with is the fact this playfield is resin and need someone with experience on this. The Cabonet less so but want to know how to start with repainting it etc.

I will happily pay/cover expenses/supply tea and coffee/biscuits etc.

I am based in Stockport, South Manchester.

I do playfield restorations and will happily do it ..im based just past Oldham/Huddersfield boarder...I think you want it touched up on site which I cant help you with but if you strip it I can do the work,,

That cab would have been stenciled which I don't know if have been remade so you could do a full shop making your own from frisket. If you're fortunate @PeteB may do repro decals in the near future the rate he's going.

The resin pf is interesting, I thought they were bulletproof, why not post some pics of what you want to repair?

We like pics on here :thumbs:

Yeah Speak Easy is on the to do list for decals but in all honesty it should really be stencilled and done properly.

Interested to see this resin playfield.

+1 for posting pics for us to see.

Thanks guys. Here are some pics of the playfield. Seems like it's corroded rather worn, weird. You can feel the plastic lacquer on the edges.

As regards the cabinet, I reckon a stencil would be easy. However where would I start? I asked on a well known website and they don't make them

Attachments

• 20170318_133752.jpg
    20170318_133752.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 43
I do playfield restorations and will happily do it ..im based just past Oldham/Huddersfield boarder...I think you want it touched up on site which I cant help you with but if you strip it I can do the work,,

Thanks mate. What's your thoughts following the picture?

I'm not sure where you would start as I don't believe you can sand off like you can on wooden pfs

Interested to see this resin playfield.

+1 for posting pics for us to see.
Hey pete check this thread out dude..plenty of resin playfield pictures. ( FYI damage occurs to the SPEAKEASY resin playfield due to air balls caused by an uneven insert covering the under playfield spin wheel. Oh and sunken / raised inserts one of my real pet hates...grrrrrr!) totally with you on the stencil thing by the way........

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/bally-speakeasy.32945/

Back
Top Bottom