What's new

Help with back box GI

Carl Spiby

Registered
On my lethal weapon I have no back box GI, my initial thoughts were rusty bulb holders but that doesn't appear to be the case. On the rear of the door, I've checked both sides of the bulb holder and get 3 to 4vac (the Meter isn't very accurate) which should make the bulb glow at least.

My question is more about how is the boxbox GI controlled as maybe the ground is the problem rather than the voltage supply.

Thanks

Last edited:
Assume you have checked F2 and F4 on the PPB board? Check the fuses out of circuit and also check that the fuse holders themselves are good. Also check the connectors on the PPB for dry joints.

When you say you have checked both sides of the bulb holder, I assume you mean you are putting your meter across both sides of the bulb holder and not that you are measuring from ground to the bulb holder?

There are no grounds, it's 2 wires of AC.

If you have AC voltage at the bulb holder, but they are not lighting then your return path is not complete.

There is a GI relay on the power board, but that would effect ALL GI in the game.

There are sometimes seperate backbox GI replays on the backboard itself, but don't know of LW3 has this?

Assume you have checked F2 and F4 on the PPB board? Check the fuses out of circuit and also check that the fuse holders themselves are good. Also check the connectors on the PPB for dry joints.

When you say you have checked both sides of the bulb holder, I assume you mean you are putting your meter across both sides of the bulb holder and not that you are measuring from ground to the bulb holder?

There are no grounds, it's 2 wires of AC.

If you have AC voltage at the bulb holder, but they are not lighting then your return path is not complete.

There is a GI relay on the power board, but that would effect ALL GI in the game.

There are sometimes seperate backbox GI replays on the backboard itself, but don't know of LW3 has this?
Its just a single relay as you rightly assumed.

I was checking the voltage incorrectly, if there's a break in the wire across any of the daisy chained holders will the whole lot just not work?

Fuses tested OK and there's no voltage across the holder with the fuse inserted so there's a good connection there.

I will have another prod with the dmm tomorrow.

Last edited:
It was a bad IDC plugged in to the Z connector near the door.

Realising I had to measure across AC helped a lot to see where voltage was getting to.

Cheers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom