What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help !! My machine has just died.

jdriches

Registered
Good evening team - Was wondering if anyone has ever fired up their machine and then after launching the first ball it suddenly shut down completely. I bought my Addams Family machine just before Christmas and it has been working fine. Hoping it's just a fuse or something simple like that. Would anybody be kind enough to reassure me please as this is my first machine and as you can imagine it wasn't cheap. Thanks

They are very complex machines. A lot can go wrong. The wrong fuse might have been in there, a bolt may have come undone and shorted something. It could be one of a dozen issues.

I have had an addams for 25 years. In that time it has blown one fuse and broken 1 cheap link.

Keep the faith.

My BSD did the same. The fuse holder popped out.

See attached check it's properly inserted.

Check fuses in back box are all seated correctly.

If that doesn't work get out the multimeter and test for blown fuses.

Attachments

• fuses4.jpg
    fuses4.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 18
Have you turned it off and on again :D

For it to completely die has to be a main fuse somewhere so hopefully nice easy cheap fix :)

My TAF did this and it was the thermister or EMI filter can’t remember which but I changed both anyway.
Think mine stopped working at switch on though.
Its inside metal box by the coin door with the panel fuse holder.

As said check all fuses first.

Attachments

• 9B58E7D1-CF27-4612-B368-29CA3E26FFD9.jpeg
    9B58E7D1-CF27-4612-B368-29CA3E26FFD9.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for your support and helpful advice team - Will check over the fuses tomorrow so fingers crossed.

To be honest I bought this machine as an investment for my 11 year old son. The idea is to keep it until he's ready for his first car - so basically I've already bought him a car and I can have some fun with TAF for a few years (if I can keep it working).

My TAF did this and it was the thermister or EMI filter can’t remember which but I changed both anyway.
Think mine stopped working at switch on though.
Its inside metal box by the coin door with the panel fuse holder.

As said check all fuses first.
Brilliant - Thanks.

Good evening team - Was wondering if anyone has ever fired up their machine and then after launching the first ball it suddenly shut down completely. I bought my Addams Family machine just before Christmas and it has been working fine. Hoping it's just a fuse or something simple like that. Would anybody be kind enough to reassure me please as this is my first machine and as you can imagine it wasn't cheap. Thanks
All sorted now thanks - I was told not to panic as it was bound to be something straight forward, and indeed that was how it panned out. Happy, relieved and good to go again.

You wont want to sell it, no car for son :D, if you do sell way prices are going you will be able to buy him a lamborghini! haha :)

Bad connection, power in, on the power driver board.. reseated connector and we were back in business... one to keep an eye on

Yep. My infamous £200 eBay White Water ( younger viewers ask your grandparents for the full story ) was sold as dead - reseated connector when I got it home, booted 👍😁

Back
Top Bottom