What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help, me Davey Jones' locker has gone wild!!

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Evening group

Recently accuired a black rose, and Davey Jones'' locker seems to have developed a mind of its own. It keeps springing open and closed when it shouldn't!!

I've checked inside and Davey Jones isn't in there trying to escape, so I'm all out of ideas..

It may be coincidental but this fault coincides with a switch fault on the right trough switch. I've put a new switch on but it still does it!

Anyways, any help as always gratefully received.

See ye at the slam!

Gaz

Hmmm. I used to have a Black Rose but can't quite remember what makes the locker open up ? Check any switches associated with it - put it into switch tests and see if any are opening/closing by themselves and maybe confusing the game.

See you at the Slam !

Cheers Grizz

It must be connected some how to that trough switch error. I'll have a tinker tomorrow.

Look forward to meeting your acquaintance

Gaz

I've had a black rose too not had that prob,check the actual mechanism underneath this may have worked loose and cld be grounding causing coil to fire

Fixed it. There's a micro switch hidden under the coil. It wasn't quite engaging. A little adjustment and it's working a treat. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Gaz

Im still not entirely sure its fixed actually. Can anyone recall, if you make the skill shot and open the locker but drain before you shoot a ball into it, should the locker stay open for the next ball or should it close?

Because mine stays open yet the dmd says i need to hit the targets to open the locker!!!

If that makes sense :confused:

Oh and if anyones interested ive uploaded an album of the before and after cleaning of Black Rose, it was pretty minging!

Thanks again

Gaz

search you tube for vids of game in action and compare?

If not Daz will know and pipe up on here

Thanks Poi, I have looked at a few but I'm struggling to follow the ball to see what's going on. Plus most people who post on YouTube tend to make sure they have a decent game on the run before posting so generally don't drain before they've made the shot!!

Fingers crossed Daz sees this!

Thanks mate

Gaz

I've just checked mine and the locker stays open between balls and still asks you to make the skill shot again (unnecessarily). Cheers, Andy

Gaz,

I am not sure if you have already cleaned the complete unit that keeps the ramp up. This usually get greased up and that is where all the problems start. The complete unit should be running dry (uoo urr mother) .

Hopefully once this is done it will run fault free.

D.

Back
Top Bottom