What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello - New member from Gloucester

Defrag

Registered
Hello,

New member from Gloucester. My name is Martin and I am 51. Played a lot of pinball in the late 80’s, early 90’s in my local pub. Could probably have paid my mortgage with the amount of money I put into them.
Then marriage and 3 kids put a slow down on the pub visits and they were no longer getting tables in my local.
My wife suggested that she would like to get me a table for my 50th birthday, who was I to argue.

First thing I needed to do was build a room to put it in so I have spent the last 18 months building a garden room to house a pool table and at least a couple of pinball machines.
Should have the room finished in a couple of weeks and will be looking to buy my first table.
I also have a few pictures of the room build which I will post up in a build log once I have finished.

I am looking forward to being part of this forum and hope that I can add something.

Martin

Welcome Martin, you join a long list of respected and illustrious Martins on this site. Given that you have already reached the level of pinshed, I have no doubt that you will live up to the title of Martin and provide inspiration for all Martins in the future.

Oh and we're all quite mad here in case you hadn't noticed!👍🏻

Hello Martin, I hope that room is big enough for more than two pinball machines they multiply faster than rabbits.
Welcome and good luck with the machines, there are a lot of great people with a lot of knowledge here if anything goes wrong with them.

Thanks for the replies. I am confident that I can add to the madness, particularly if I go anywhere near tequila.
And yes I am concerned that this already feels like it may become an obsession, as you point out I have already spent 18 months building a shed for the tables before actually owning any tables.

Welcome Martin,

Thats some birthday present, building a man cave and getting to fill it full of toys!

Welcome.

Any idea which game or era you’re looking for?

Looking forward to the pinshed photos.

Note: That wife’s a keeper.

We spent a few hours at Tilt in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago. The games that we really liked were Dialled In, Gaurdians of the Galaxy and Batman 66. Budget of about £5k so these may be out of reach. There are loads of earlier games I would consider but top of the list would be star trek tng, judge dredd and hook.

Hi Martin , Welcome to the forum.
I started last year and said I will only have one and now have 7 pinballs :)
I buy them when the misses is away.

Yes I've noticed that hook does not get a lot of love. We spent a lot of time with Hook in the pub and I think for me it was the call outs that made it. Still jump on it if I see one.

Welcome dude! A 5k budget will certainly get you a couple of the three older games you mentioned. Love TNG

Mighty impressed with your pinshed build, a pool table too. Sounds amazing. Look forward to the photos once your maiden table is purchased and delivered.

Wish I had the skill and patience required to do something similar, although you’ve got about 10 years on me, so perhaps there’s still time and I should ring-fence 50 to get my first table. Certainly take me that long to save for one, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do enjoy pool and it is also going to double as a table tennis table. Also wouldn't be popular with the rest of the family if I don't get the pool table.

Mrs Tox and me brought the house we are in at the moment on the premise that the front room was big enough for a pool table.
There is currently 1 pinball table in there, 4 in another room,1 tombstoned during refurbishment and 1 incoming.
I don’t consider myself to be as mad as most on here, 6 is quite a small number of machines.

Mrs Tox and me brought the house we are in at the moment on the premise that the front room was big enough for a pool table.
There is currently 1 pinball table in there, 4 in another room,1 tombstoned during refurbishment and 1 incoming.
I don’t consider myself to be as mad as most on here, 6 is quite a small number of machines.
I make that 7 - Symptom of addiction #5 - Unable to accurately count games!

Welcome.

It’ll be interesting to see how the pool table pans out. Will it be a much used focal point or sat gathering dust after a few weeks?

Occasionally I toy with the idea of getting an air hockey table but it’s a huge amount of dead space if it’s not used

My first pin was a Hook. Just be careful of the tiny DMD as they are hard to source. You should be able to pick a Hook up for around £1250.

Have fun...

Not such a worry now the small DMD - single colour LED options are available now, pinballSP multi-colour in astyy techni-colour coming soon (hopefully) :D

Welcome Martin, you join a long list of respected and illustrious Martins on this site. Given that you have already reached the level of pinshed, I have no doubt that you will live up to the title of Martin and provide inspiration for all Martins in the future.

Agreed, though some of us spell Martyn correctly ;)

Welcome, and keep the pool table, its something to do whilst you take a break from the pinballs

Back
Top Bottom