What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Yorkshire

Conno

Registered
I've been lurking around here for the past month so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Dave.

I Used to own a TOM had it from around the millennium and loved it for a good 5 years, It was pristine and I only got rid due to pressure from the ex :( Never had to work on it so don't have a clue about repairs etc. Sold it around 11 years ago for £1200

Anyway went on holiday this year and the hotel complex had three pinballs in, an unplayable Congo with powerless flippers, a demolition man with one good one bad flipper, and a Flintstones that actually played really decent. Playing a few games on Flintstones gave me the bug again, got the high score on it too :)

I always wanted a TZ back in the day, still wouldn't mind one, as well as many others ;)

cheers

Welcome to Pinball Info Conno.
So you're looking for a machine, not as easy to find these days and considerably more wonga.
But keep a eye out on this forum for fair priced machines from trusted sellers.

Welcome to Pinball Info Conno.
So you're looking for a machine, not as easy to find these days and considerably more wonga.
But keep a eye out on this forum for fair priced machines from trusted sellers.
To be honest I'd have snapped that Flintstones up that was for sale on here this week but I'm not in a position to buy just yet. Not sure what I want really.

You need to get yourself along to the NLP show at Event City in Manchester Oct 10,11.
With over 100 pinball machines on free play you'll be like a kid in a candy store. No better way to find out which machine floats your boat.

You need to get yourself along to the NLP show at Event City in Manchester Oct 10,11.
With over 100 pinball machines on free play you'll be like a kid in a candy store. No better way to find out which machine floats your boat.
I'm down to be on nights that weekend so will have to see if I can get it booked off, fingers crossed!

Welcome to the forum @Conno :thumbs: TZ is a cracking game but be prepared to be paying £2.5K plus these days for a nice example.
Cheers! Yeah I know they're a higher priced machine now. I've only actually played it once, badly too, in an arcade at Filey. I went back a few years later to have another go and they'd replaced it with a dancing arcade :mad:
I liked all the toys it had but would need to spend some time on it before committing, it always seemed to be the holy grail and that may be half the attraction, cos I was crap on it when I had a go. Theres many others that catch my eye anyway :D

Hey Conno, where abouts in Yorkshire are you? I'm yorkshire born and bred but recently moved across the border into Derbyshire. I highly recommend going to the Northern lights show at Event City in Manchester that @replicas has already mentioned. Also if you get chance, check out the UK pinball league (www.ukpinballleague.co.uk) - no minimum skill level required, it's another good opportunity to play different machines and meet other pinball folk.

Hey Conno, where abouts in Yorkshire are you? I'm yorkshire born and bred but recently moved across the border into Derbyshire. I highly recommend going to the Northern lights show at Event City in Manchester that @replicas has already mentioned. Also if you get chance, check out the UK pinball league (www.ukpinballleague.co.uk) - no minimum skill level required, it's another good opportunity to play different machines and meet other pinball folk.
I'm back in sunny Doncaster for the time being, did escape to Howden (near Goole) for the past 7 years, but alas am currently back here. I'm going to try my best to get to the nlp show, cheers :)

Always like a hello from Yorkshire, being Bradford born and bred - flat caps and rolling hills. It's a friendly bunch here, make yourself known at play expo that's how I found this forum[emoji2]

Back
Top Bottom