What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Hartlepool

dbroom2000

Registered
Evening all

Been browsing the posts for a while trying to educate myself as i think I have the pinball bug.

Not really played many pinballs but I used to visit a bar in town and enjoyed playing theirs but sadly it's now gone.

I've also spent a small fortune playing scared stiff when I've been away with work over the past 3 or 4 years.
Love that machine. Although it had a few errors I would have gladly taken it home.

Anyway I've decided I need a pinball in my living room but I need a bit more pinball experience before parting with hard earned to make sure I get the one I want.
Saying that, I have room for one in the kitchen too but don't want to get too far ahead of myself yet [emoji23]
Still trying to work out the abbreviations for a lot of pins but definitely need more play time.
Plan on going to a few events this year to get the play time and make my mind up as to which one I need.
I would probably like to get one ready to play however I don't mind working on basic things as I usually pick things up once I've been shown and I am able to follow YouTube tutorials to fix most things.
I've learned one thing from lurking on here it's that I'm not going to impulse buy on eBay as I don't know enough about these machines to repair a dodgy buy.

Anyway, I'm sure there is enough help on here to help me out with potential problems or fixes.

Thanks

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha and they let you get out [emoji14]
There's plenty of rope left [emoji23]

Howdy and welcome Dave.

Looks like you have absorbed most of the critical tips for first time buyers. I'd really recommend buying from somebody on this forum.

I can never hold back a chuckle when a newbie states that they have room for one game (possibly two). :rofl:

Give it three years and you will be tut tutting at the designer of the TARDIS for being wasteful with space.

Enjoy the ride,
Andrew.

Hi Dave, Nice to see another from up here in the N. East.
Ditto what @stoptap said though and buy your first off the forum. Definitely won't be ripped off and you'll be getting a machine well looked after.
@newdos should be about. He's in Hartlepool.

Ty

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum, good luck in your hunt for pin number 1, glad you're looking around the house for where more can go, thats a man who knows where this is going to end up!

Hi Dave,
Welcome to the forum. I'm in Hartlepool and here to help. If you need any advice just shout. I have several machines and restore them from dead to very alive!!. Have a look at some of my (or all the other guys on here) shop logs on here and you will see what makes a machine tick etc

Cheers

Kev

Welcome! From another pinthusiast living close by :thumbs:

Buy your first off a trusted seller and you won't go wrong.

Thanks for the welcome guys. Some good friendly info

Spent a good chunk of the day playing virtual machines to see what games I like.

I'm in Leeds on Saturday so I'm going to play a couple of machines in various pubs I've seen.

Also thinking about going to the 8bitflip but need to check the work diary 1st.

@newdos, I checked out your shop logs and some of the work involved is likely to give me a heart attack. I once managed to rescue my sons PS3 from the yellow light of death and was pleased to only have 3 screws left afterwards. Will probably go for a shopped model. Give me a heads up if your parting with any [emoji106]

Oh, and If any one knows of a good care home local to me for the mother in law, it would free up two extra rooms in my house for pins [emoji23]

Again thanks for the welcome all.

Dave

Thanks for the welcome guys. Some good friendly info

Spent a good chunk of the day playing virtual machines to see what games I like.

I'm in Leeds on Saturday so I'm going to play a couple of machines in various pubs I've seen.

Also thinking about going to the 8bitflip but need to check the work diary 1st.

@newdos, I checked out your shop logs and some of the work involved is likely to give me a heart attack. I once managed to rescue my sons PS3 from the yellow light of death and was pleased to only have 3 screws left afterwards. Will probably go for a shopped model. Give me a heads up if your parting with any [emoji106]

Oh, and If any one knows of a good care home local to me for the mother in law, it would free up two extra rooms in my house for pins [emoji23]

Again thanks for the welcome all.

Dave

Where are you planning on going to in Leeds Dave ?
Shuffledog has three games (Champion Pub, Star Wars and Spiderman). Nation Of Shopkeepers has one (Wrestlemania).

Where are you planning on going to in Leeds Dave ?
Shuffledog has three games (Champion Pub, Star Wars and Spiderman). Nation Of Shopkeepers has one (Wrestlemania).

Checked out shuffledog yesterday in Leeds.
Cool bar [emoji41]

Spent a small fortune on the pins so ownership would definitely be cheaper for me in the long run.

Enjoyed Spider-Man and champion pub but they haven't made my wanted list. Not so keen on Star Wars tho but it was my sons favourite.

I also introduced my son to konami Track & Field to show him that in the (olden days) we didn't have these super gaming pc's with high end graphics like he has now. [emoji23]
He loved it. [emoji106]

Checked out shuffledog yesterday in Leeds.
Cool bar [emoji41]

Spent a small fortune on the pins so ownership would definitely be cheaper for me in the long run.

Enjoyed Spider-Man and champion pub but they haven't made my wanted list. Not so keen on Star Wars tho but it was my sons favourite.

I also introduced my son to konami Track & Field to show him that in the (olden days) we didn't have these super gaming pc's with high end graphics like he has now. [emoji23]
He loved it. [emoji106]
That Spider-Man is a bit dull and could do with a good going over. Play a clean one with everything working and it is a great game.
Have you played CSI ? It has a multiball where you bash the flipper buttons just like Track & Field to increase the jackpot value !
Shame I wasn't available yesterday, you could have come round to mine for an hour and played on my games.

Totally agree, not in the best condition and with the lights directly above the glass there was a lot of reflection so a bit awkward to play.
Star Wars tended to bounce the ball all over the place hitting the glass a lot. Been a noob, not sure if it's set up wrong or a feature of that game but it wasn't smooth and lost a few balls that way.

Thanks for the offer, I will give you a shout when I'm next in Leeds if your about. [emoji106]

Totally agree, not in the best condition and with the lights directly above the glass there was a lot of reflection so a bit awkward to play.
Star Wars tended to bounce the ball all over the place hitting the glass a lot. Been a noob, not sure if it's set up wrong or a feature of that game but it wasn't smooth and lost a few balls that way.

Thanks for the offer, I will give you a shout when I'm next in Leeds if your about. [emoji106]
I believe the pins in Shuffledog may be owned by a forum member. I'd happily spend a couple of hours under the glass on them for free to get them playing sweet.

Just send me a PM next time you are due in town. Be prepared for Walking Dead and Iron Man to kick your ārse. :)

T. T. Teessiders... welcome @dbroom2000 another northerner here, like yourself im on the look out for my 1st Pin. If you need to endulge in some silver ball action while still on the look out. HMV in the Boro have a couple of Pins, in fact, most HMV stores have a few games.

Back
Top Bottom