What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all got my 1st machine

Jimbo

Registered
Hey guys
Just got myself my 1st Pinball Machine. Wow they are heavy, had help from a good mate with a discovery 4 to move it

Getting Phil from pinball heaven to help with the dmd issue on Wednesday, cannot wait. Need to figure out how to set it to free play

Oh it's a 1996 April Bally machine, if anyone wants to guess what it is :)

Jimbo

You said '1st machine' - more to come then. Oh dear, another pinball junkie in the forum. Welcome to the mad house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. Now that is scarey. Correct for 10 points

Were you watching me getting out the disco lol

Great guys here - don't know how competent u r at fixing and maintaining them but whatever question you have, there'll be an answer here. Great community [emoji106]

Got it from a mate who bought it in 2006 from Pinball Heaven

Attachments

• 20170116_212112.jpg
    20170116_212112.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 47
Cheers Jon. Sure Phil will give me so good pointers on Wednesday

They look daunting at 1st :oops::hmm: so Im sure I will be asking for help

Very nice Jimbo. Love that machine. Some have the 'boney' flippers. I don't know if they are after market add ons or if they were on original machines but some guys on here will know I'm sure

The boney flippers are factory, looks like the ones on this game have been replaced at some point in it's life. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the first game :thumbs:

Its a great table that is deceptively simple at first, some great, rewarding shots required. However, of all my machines it took the most time to get it running smoothly, watch out for the spider hole VUK issues, now to start your education in maintenance, an aspect of owning I enjoy equally as much as playing :)

Need to figure out how to set it to free play

Hi, Jim,

The Free Play adjustment is a specific item in the 'Pricing Menu', which is almost always defaulted to No.

Assuming that your game displays English text,

Open the door, and press the Enter button. Use either + or - to display 'Adjustment Menu', and press Enter
Again use +/- to select 'Pricing Menu, A.3', and press Enter
Scroll through the entries in P/Menu to find Free Play, and press Enter, the value No will begin flashing
Use +/- to change to Yes, and press enter

Last edited:
Cheers guys & thanks Jay for the guide on free play
The dmd is not working so Phil is going to fix it tomorrow I hope :)

Reading most of your posts you will end up with more than 1 :rolleyes: think I read Shaun is near me in Liverpool. He seems to have a lot of machines

If I got a 2nd one & hid it from the wife, it would be the ad/dc one. Looks ace & Im into that music

And you ALWAYS make a profit when you sell one.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS ADVICE. Always tell your better half EXACTLY what you paid for a machine. Then, when the packages arrive tell her what they cost and spend hours upgrading whilst you should be with her in the front room. Then play the machine and when it breaks, tell her it's running fine. Then spend more hours fixing it. Then tell her that the packages that arrived second time 'came from China' and were 'just a few quid'. She will then ask again what the machine cost, this time tell a lie and she will dispute it. No problem, just say that you got it wrong. More packages arrive 'from China'. Spend more time installing and posting on here.
Problem suddenly arises, the house needs money spending on it. Start the 'investment' procedure. Baffle her with various 'I've made this machine more valuable/cheap packages from China' routine.
Give 'future valuation' quote and 'investment' lecture - add wine to wife to ensure it is believed.
Sell machine and baffle with more lies.
Repeat all of the above for happy pinball ownership

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS ADVICE. Always tell your better half EXACTLY what you paid for a machine. Then, when the packages arrive tell her what they cost and spend hours upgrading whilst you should be with her in the front room. Then play the machine and when it breaks, tell her it's running fine. Then spend more hours fixing it. Then tell her that the packages that arrived second time 'came from China' and were 'just a few quid'. She will then ask again what the machine cost, this time tell a lie and she will dispute it. No problem, just say that you got it wrong. More packages arrive 'from China'. Spend more time installing and posting on here.
Problem suddenly arises, the house needs money spending on it. Start the 'investment' procedure. Baffle her with various 'I've made this machine more valuable/cheap packages from China' routine.
Give 'future valuation' quote and 'investment' lecture - add wine to wife to ensure it is believed.
Sell machine and baffle with more lies.
Repeat all of the above for happy pinball ownership

Now there is a man who has created a web of deceit!! Outstanding!

Cheers guys & thanks Jay for the guide on free play
The dmd is not working so Phil is going to fix it tomorrow I hope :)

Reading most of your posts you will end up with more than 1 :rolleyes: think I read Shaun is near me in Liverpool. He seems to have a lot of machines

If I got a 2nd one & hid it from the wife, it would be the ad/dc one. Looks ace & Im into that music

I have 4 pins . can't fit anymore in.i have an addams family,wizard of oz,bride of pinbot and de star wars.
You are welcome to come and try them out . I'm in seaforth L21 area.:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom