What's new

Heighway Pinball Game #2 - Pinball Expo Reveal

Launch party over a month ago. That's about the third launch.
I have pinball mag quoting its launch at pinball party. Think it's dated 2013
:rolleyes:

I think most people were fully behind him at the beginning but there is definitely a bad taste surrounding the whole thing these days. Probably started when it was anounced that the game would cost more in UK than USA. I think a lot of people were upset about that.

Then you have the launch party that had a low turnout. In my experience it is very unusual to charge people to get into a product launch party. This is a marketing event after all. You want people to buy the product you are launching! The more people there the better. But to charge a fee then complain when only a few people show
up seems a bit off. It certainly didn't go down too well here.

There was also all the no shows at UK events but always managing to make it the US ones.

Sadly it all just gives the impression that he isn't really that bothered about his potential British buyers. Im not saying that is the case but that is how it appears to onlookers. Obviously USA market is huge in comparison so I can understand why he would concentrate his energy there. But you can't then expect UK pinheads to get behind him.

I'm sure I will get flamed for being negative. But I am just being honest about how I feel about the whole thing. It's all very well saying "No wonder he posts on Pinside" but you get out what you put in at the end of the day. Andrew was quite negative towards the UK pinball mob the last time he posted here and then never came back. You would expect a bit of negativity after that.

That all said I wish him all the very best and I hope he does extremly well. He has done amazingly well to get as far as he has. Alien is a killer theme and the game looks like it could be fantastic. I think it could be a huge success. I hope I get to play one.

I think most people were fully behind him at the beginning but there is definitely a bad taste surrounding the whole thing these days. Probably started when it was anounced that the game would cost more in UK than USA. I think a lot of people were upset about that.

But it doesn't, the game price quoted is inc VAT in the UK and in the US there is no VAT, just applicable sales tax in each territory which ranges from 0-6% (as far as I understand). Plus from what I understand, a lot of his parts are initially coming from the US and wont be shipped here for US games, thus saving shipping

Then you have the launch party that had a low turnout. In my experience it is very unusual to charge people to get into a product launch party. This is a marketing event after all. You want people to buy the product you are launching! The more people there the better. But to charge a fee then complain when only a few people show
up seems a bit off. It certainly didn't go down too well here.

Agreed

There was also all the no shows at UK events but always managing to make it the US ones.

I know he fully intended to make EAG in 2013 and wanted to go in 2014. I also know he didn't come to other shows, not out of spite but because he didn't want to show an incomplete product that was poorly received

Sadly it all just gives the impression that he isn't really that bothered about his potential British buyers. Im not saying that is the case but that is how it appears to onlookers. Obviously USA market is huge in comparison so I can understand why he would concentrate his energy there. But you can't then expect UK pinheads to get behind him.

I agree to a point and I hold my hands up Andrew IS a friend of mine but I wont defend him for the sake of it - just ask him. I think the snidey little remarks that are made should be left out, I don't expect unequivocal support for anybody - questions always need to be asked. He's trying to get a product to market and it looks like he may do it before Skit-B and Dutch

I'm sure I will get flamed for being negative. But I am just being honest about how I feel about the whole thing. It's all very well saying "No wonder he posts on Pinside" but you get out what you put in at the end of the day. Andrew was quite negative towards the UK pinball mob the last time he posted here and then never came back. You would expect a bit of negativity after that.

I don't see why you'd get flamed, I think you've made excellent points throughout

That all said I wish him all the very best and I hope he does extremly well. He has done amazingly well to get as far as he has. Alien is a killer theme and the game looks like it could be fantastic. I think it could be a huge success. I hope I get to play one.

Me too :D

I agree to a point and I hold my hands up Andrew IS a friend of mine

I think you're maybe a bit over sensitive. There's nothing in this thread that wouldn't have been made about any other pinball manufacturer in the same position. Look at the stick JJP got with WOZ.

The saucer exit's a bit weird with the lane aiming to the left sling. It looks weak as it is right now (exit & slingshot), I can see that being annoying.

Back
Top Bottom