What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired SOLD OUT / LOCK THREAD - Heighway Pinball Cabinets

Expired Due to no activity
Status
Not open for further replies.
Manny did my FT cab too. @DRD has it now. Whatever happened to him.
He’s still about, I saw him a couple of weeks back but not to talk to tho. I’m not sure if he is still into pinball, wasn’t he doing a refurb on someone’s Adams Family Gold on here recently.
No - not Manny.

His stuff was good. And he knew it :)

Manny's work will always be huge a miss. At least from those who appreciate fine craftsmanship and high quality stuff. I had a few restorations pass through from customers who bought his cabinets or other parts, and his stuff would always blow me away.

The problem is there are too many idiots in this hobby, too many time wasters, and too many wealthy folk who thought Manny cabiets were "too expensive" to upgrade games that never leave their collection, yet they will splash out on the latest LE crap from Stern and then sell it at a loss within a couple of weeks.

That's just my experience of the pinball hobby however. If Manny, or anyone else, gives it up then it can only be to pursue other things in life that make them happy.

I’ve got 4 Manny cabs that are amazing, took my FT cab to him and bought a load of chrome and bits too from him. He was really helpful.
A real shame he stopped, think he started doing high end bathroom/kitchen work.
He showed me some of his other non pinball stuff he made and it was really nice too.
Hope he is doing ok.

Using decent machinery it is not 'hard' to make a pinball cabinet. But to be fair its pretty uninteresting to do. I would rather build and repair guitars than make pinball cabs.....

From memory he charged about £1K when he was making them - and with pinflation who knows today.

I did have a pin2K cabinet made by him and some things did not fit properly. But this was the only case I'd heard of that happening.

I did have a pin2K cabinet made by him and some things did not fit properly. But this was the only case I'd heard of that happening.

Whilst i liked Manny after some initial run-ins, his work was really good.
Unfortunately i heard of several issues with his Williams cabs from a couple of sources. But I have also heard some sterling words about them too.

Hi Guys,
I finally opened up the pallets, I have attached the photos to the first post in this thread.
First we have a head board, complete with locks and speaker grills.
Secondly we have the base.

Might be worth adding solid sides and ebay them, shame to burn!

To what end? They are non standard cabinets. Can not really do much else with them apart from put heighway stuff in them.

Trust me - in the next few years people wont be worried about getting cabs for the exisiting games, they will be more concerned on node boards and other parts unfortunately.

You will find this chap has already put lots of time and money into these cabs, it certainly is not worth (in my opinion) spending time and effort to finsih them off by machining other sides so he can maybe get £50 a cab on a good day.

Such a shame that a certain company did not like paying for things!

To what end? They are non standard cabinets. Can not really do much else with them apart from put heighway stuff in them.

Trust me - in the next few years people wont be worried about getting cabs for the exisiting games, they will be more concerned on node boards and other parts unfortunately.

You will find this chap has already put lots of time and money into these cabs, it certainly is not worth (in my opinion) spending time and effort to finsih them off by machining other sides so he can maybe get £50 a cab on a good day.

Such a shame that a certain company did not like paying for things!

your right, only use might be virtual pin to save someone building a cab

your right, only use might be virtual pin to save someone building a cab
Sadly he doesnt have the metal work/glass that is the playfield glass. To engineer a custom lockdown bar would outweigh any savings.
Plus button locations also need plates being made.
I have looked into these for a VPin and it is more work to get one of these to a usuable standard than just waiting for a used cabinet from an old pin, or even make one from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom